Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
New England Journal of Medicine Clinical Practice
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0071471618, Paperback)Learn leading-edge clinical management strategies—from the The New England Journal of Medicine
New England Journal of Medicine: Clinical Practice is a compendium of the Journal’s highly regarded case discussions on clinical management. Featuring unparalleled, peer-reviewed content published in the NEJM’s Clinical Practice series, this incredible resource is filled with 26 challenging, skill-building cases from both ambulatory and hospital practice.
Each Case starts with a thought-provoking patient vignette, and the discussion then leads you through:
• The Clinical Problem (What characteristics define the at-risk population? How prevalent is the condition?)
• Current Medical Evidence for the patient assessment and possible therapeutic strategies (What are the data to support particular diagnostic approaches and therapeutic modalities?)
• Areas of Clinical Uncertainty/Controversy (What are the major gaps in our clinical knowledge?)
• Practice Guidelines (What are the current recommendations of the major specialty organizations?)
• Conclusions and Management Recommendations (What do the authors propose for the management of each case?)
Featuring more than 100 full-color illustrations, tables, and algorithms, New England Journal of Medicine: Clinical Practice covers a range of medical practice—from dermatology and gastroenterology, to allergy and women’s health.
Turn to any chapter, and this incomparable case-by-case guide reads as if a master clinician was personally guiding the you, taking you through the best approach to a complex medical disorder.
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:07 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.