Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety by Daniel…

Monkey Mind: A Memoir of Anxiety

by Daniel Smith

3072036,351 (3.15)8

Skip it. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
This is not an easy review for me to write. How exactly do you review a memoir? I guess I will just make this somewhat short.

I have really bad anxiety. I had to drop out of school, I can’t work, I live with my dad and I have no friends. I can’t do much for myself. To be honest, even blogging is difficult for me most times. When it comes to my life, anxiety is in complete control. So when I first heard about this memoir, I knew I had to read it.

It was a good read. I flew through it. It even made me laugh out loud a few times. It was nice to finally see what anxiety is like for someone else. However, I have to admit that I wasn’t blown away.

If you want a memoir that you can read in a couple of hours, you might want to check this one out. It was good, just not as amazing as I was hoping it would be.

https://thebookhoarderblog.wordpress.com/2016/03/10/review-monkey-mind-a-memoir-of-anxiety-by-daniel-b-smith/ ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Mar 14, 2016 |
This is an interesting window into what it feels like to be truly anxious. It helped me understand anxiety a little better and also gave some hope for those afflicted like Daniel Smith. I'm giving 3 stars because it wasn't really enjoyable (for me) even though it was clear and useful. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Gave up finally. Just didn't work for me. A bit too whiny and over-the-top. ( )
  cmlloyd67 | Jun 7, 2015 |
This memoir explores the boundaries of the author’s severe anxiety—describing what it is like to live with anxiety. Daniel Smith was raised in an anxious family consisting of two anxious parents and a brother suffering from hypochondria. Smith’s anxiety began in childhood. By his mid-20s, he had suffered multiple serious anxiety attacks. Smith uses his own episodes of anxiety to explore the various forms and facets of anxiety. If you're interested in this book to discover anxiety cures or ways of managing anxiety, you will be largely disappointed. Smith presents a picture of anxiety but only gives a few pages of how he has dealt with it. Mostly, this memoir meanders about and eventually goes nowhere. Smith often loses his focus or goes off on a tangent. I was hoping for more. 2 out of 5 stars. ( )
  marsap | Nov 21, 2014 |

In "Monkey Mind," Daniel Smith brilliantly articulates what it is like to live with anxiety, defanging the disease with humor, traveling through its demonic layers, evocatively expressing both its painful internal coherence and its absurdities.

161 wanted2 pay3 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,271,712 books! | Top bar: Always visible