The Last Victim: A Novel by Karen Robards

The Last Victim: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Karen Robards

Member:LRitte
Title:The Last Victim: A Novel
Authors:Karen Robards
Info:Ballantine Books (2012), Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:**

The Last Victim by Karen Robards (Author)

Recently added byareni55, areni33, bonnievanak, kalovell, private library, cc1158

Received book thru Goodreads reviewers. Thoroughly enjoyed the book, especially the relationship between Charlie and the ghost. Look forward to reading more of this series (DR. Charlette Stone) and Karen Robards novels in general. ( )
  toades | Oct 27, 2014 |
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for a review.

You would think that after viewing the killings of a family at a young age you would avoid serial killers. Dr. Charlotte Stone did the opposite, this alone intrigued me. Why not get a job that keeps you farther away from those kind of people? Charlie's character then surprised me again by not being vulnerable or timid in the face of danger but for the most part tough and independent.
Her relationship with Garland however, truly confused me. For starters he is a ghost and was in prison because he was a serial killer, and then all of a suddenly Charlie goes from despising him to trusting him add to the mess her feelings for him and habit of yelling at him and it makes perfect sense . Although I liked her I find Charlie's logic to be a bit muddled.
I would recommend this book to someone looking for a book with an ending on the unexpected side and a tough minded, but sometimes dependent, heroine.
  ChickensAreBrave | Jul 6, 2014 |
Ever since Charlie Stone was a little girl, she has seen spirits. Usually the ghosts of those who have recently died violently. When she was a teenager, she escaped the Boardwalk Killer, but not until she had seen the mother of her best friend murdered. Now she is a psychiatrist who studies serial killers. She is working out of a prison when the FBI approaches her needing help with a case. Could the boardwalk killer be back? Oh, and Charlie can't seem to shake the spirit of a serial killer who died recently.

I enjoyed this book. It was the sort of book you should take to the beach and just enjoy. I like Charlie even with all her damage. And the FBI guy was nice too. But the real hottie in the book is the ghost, Granger. Please don't let him really be a serial killer. Anyway, I thought the book wrapped up a bit fast. But maybe I missed a few clues along the way. At any rate, I will be reading the next in the series. Got to find out what happens. ( )
  TheLibraryhag | Jun 2, 2014 |
Karen Robards latest novel, The Last Victim, is as compelling a page-turner as any I have ever read! A volatile, sensuous mix of murder, the paranormal & romance, this book is thrilling!

I love this quote "You know your life has serious problems when having a serial killer ghost nearby makes you feel safe"

I know my life has problems when ending a story about a serial killer ghost makes me feel a loss because I've grown very attached to said fictional ghost!

This is an exciting, gripping novel from first page to last. Charlie's character is believable, deep, and engaging. The plot is exciting and unpredictable. The ghost, well the ghost is just plain sexy and charming, and perhaps a little bit dangerous, but that only adds to the thrill... ( )
  Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Have mixed emotions on this book. It wasnt quite what I thought it would be. Enjoyable...but not mind gripping where I have to read another by this author.
  Ozrkgirlie | Dec 5, 2013 |

Robards, KarenAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, Ann MarieNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Investigating the brutal murders of two vacationing families in sunny Virginia Beach, FBI agents Ryan Sinclair and Buzz Crane suspect the work of a notorious serial killer and tap the skills of preeminent clinical expert Charlotte Stone, who is also the culprit's only known survivor.… (more)

159 wanted1 pay2 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

The Last Victim by Karen Robards was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible