Marrying the Hangman by Sheila Weller

Marrying the Hangman (1991)

by Sheila Weller

i used to read a lot of true crime. now it makes me queasy. the best lesson from this one is the moment your guy is abusive you are out of there forever. this is safer. he will be surprised and you may be safe. ( )
  mahallett | Oct 2, 2013 |
My friends who are ... women, tell me their stories, which cannot be believed and which are true. They are horror stories and they have not happened to me, they have not yet happened to me ...

such things cannot happen to us, it is afternoon and these things do not happen in the afternoon.
~ Margaret Atwood
Marrying the Hangman
On Friday, Oct 23, 1987, at ten PM, Diane Whitmore Pikul drove her Buick station wagon out of the Travelers Garage onto Tenth Street near Seventh Avenue in Greenwich Village.

THE PERFECT COUPLE - A KILLER AND A VICTIM

They were the dream couple.
Bright and beautiful Diane Pikul came from an exclusive college to Manhattan looking for the best of everything and got it - a glamorous career plus a rich and fascinating husband and two wonderful children. Joseph Pikul was a poor boy who had become a wunderkind of Wall Street. In a world where money was king, he was royalty.

Then, one afternoon in their lavish seaside weekend home, the dream ended in a bloody nightmare.
In an intensly dramatic trial, the murder of Diane Pikul became the crime that summed up a decade - a story of greed, drugs, perversion, violence and a woman torn between risky independence and a lifestyle she would have to pay for with her life.

Now for the first time the full story is told - a story that puts you in the heart of a victim as well as the mind of a murderer.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039458290X, Hardcover)

The account of the murder of Diane Whitmore Pikul describes how her wealthy and violent Wall Street husband murdered her and then won custody of her children while under indictment for her murder. 20,000 first printing. Tour.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:06 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,496,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible