Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill…

Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind (edition 2012)

by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (17)

Member:-Eva-
Title:Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, Hylla: K2d, Read in 2012
Tags:american literature, fiction, graphic novel, based on folktales

Fables, Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill Willingham

Recently added byUrban.Witch, private library, adamhoughton, tayitude, lessthn3, Bodagirl, HannaJaKai, azeralpawn, Berly

English (13)  Dutch (1)  All languages (14)
Description: The tights and capes have been stored away forever, but it remains to be seen if Haven and its refugee inhabitants have survived the onslaught. Where do the Fables go from here? Bigby and Snow White's cubs try to move forward after learning a hard lesson about life and death. And the loveable, fan-favorite hero Bufkin the Flying Monkey gets into more trouble when he finally reaches his homeland of Oz.

This Fables volume includes issues 108-113 of the original series.

Thoughts: (Take 2 as I seem to have NOT saved the previous message) Thankfully the war is over, although the refugees haven't been able to return to Fabletown yet. Most of this issue deals with finding the new North Wind and what that will mean for Bigby and Snow White's kids. This was interesting but a bit slight. Hope to see a lot more exploration of the prophecy in future issues.

The story with Bifkin in Oz is good but I'm not really clear how it's going to mesh back with the main story.

I'm just hoping for more actual development now that the wars are finally (hopefully) over. I miss some of those good character stories.

Rating: 3.8

Liked: 4
Plot: 3.5
Characterization: 4
Writing: 3.5

http://www.librarything.com/topic/138183#3492425 ( )
  leahbird | Jan 13, 2015 |
This one has more meat to the story with picking up with Bodkin in Oz and the choosing of a new North Wind. Even with all of that happening in the book there is not a ton of action since Mr Dark has been taken care of. You do have to wonder about the Bigby and Snow's other children with the prophesy and how that will all be handled. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
One of my favorite in the recent runs of this series--one of the cubs (and not the expected one!) is chosen as the new North Wind, Rose Red is troubled by Hope, and a turtle carries it's soul in a teacup. Certainly not all that's covered in this volume, but a few of my favorite pieces. Willingham and co. continue to enthrall with this series. ( )
  willowsmom | Jan 14, 2014 |
3.75 stars

Bigby and Snow's cubs are doing “tests” to see who will take over from The North Wind, Bigby's father, as King. The other winds aren't happy with this idea. Elsewhere, Bufkin the flying monkey, is wanting a revolution in Oz.

I often have differing opinions on the different storylines, so it's hard to come up with a rating. I quite enjoyed the cubs' storyline, but Bufkin's wasn't as interesting to me. There was a short Christmas story at the end, which I really liked! I am trying not to give ¼ or ¾ stars, anymore, but in order to fit my rating in better with the other books in the series, I am doing that this time. It would have stayed at a 3.5 rating, except the Christmas story raised it up a bit. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jan 11, 2014 |
In the aftermath of the last adventures, the story turns to several dissimilar storylines with Bufkin, Rose Red, and the Bigby Wolf family each having their own adventures. Because it's a bunch of stories, it comes off as a bit disjointed. Still great reading and it left me with a few cliff hangers that have me wanting to read more. ( )
  andreablythe | Dec 7, 2013 |
This volume of frosty storms and calamities is dedicated to Stephanie Cooke, with affection. - Bill Willingham
To my wonderful wife Irma, for all her love and exceptional tolerance as I juggled drawing this arc with our moving countries; and to Elena, for being equally tolerant with me as well as being the very best of friends to us both. - Mark Buckingham

"The fearsome Mister Dark is dead, killed in a kamikaze attack by the only entity colder than himself: the North Wind, King of the Frozen Wastes, Ruler of the Cardinal Winds - and Bigby Wolf's deadbeat dad."--P. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,169,273 books! | Top bar: Always visible