Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill…

Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind (edition 2012)

by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (17)

2901938,756 (3.93)20
Member:-Eva-
Title:Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, Hylla: K2d, Read in 2012
Tags:american literature, fiction, graphic novel, based on folktales

Fables, Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill Willingham

English (18)  Dutch (1)  All languages (19)
After the passing of the North Wind, it is decided that one of the seven cubs must become the new North Wind; otherwise, the other Winds may create their own from scratch (which would be less than ideal). It's interesting and a bit sad to see the trials the cubs are forced into, as we also start to learn a few other things about fates that is ahead of them.

Meanwhile, we also learn about a new destiny meant for Rose Red, although her decision, when finally made, will be permanent and most definitely a cause for some interesting changes. Residents start preparing for the official move back to Fabletown, where Miss Spratt (now prefers Leigh) pretends to be a prisoner of Dark who has been suffering all this time (and not plotting revenge, obviously).

I enjoyed this volume with the stronger focus on the cubs as we start to see more development and the vast personalities they possess. The result of the North Wind was surprising to me, but perhaps the lead up to the answer made it hard to even guess what could happen? This is also the volume that we really start to learn the meaning of fates and destinies, as it appears there are choices that can be made, but results that can't be changed. ( )
  ShayLRoss | Mar 16, 2016 |
This is a bunch of shorts where we follow a couple of different characters in several different storylines. They are gearing up for another big adventure that will most likely involve everyone. Glad I finally decided to pick up this series again, it's been a while and I missed all the characters. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
This volume of frosty storms and calamities is dedicated to Stephanie Cooke, with affection. - Bill Willingham
To my wonderful wife Irma, for all her love and exceptional tolerance as I juggled drawing this arc with our moving countries; and to Elena, for being equally tolerant with me as well as being the very best of friends to us both. - Mark Buckingham

"The fearsome Mister Dark is dead, killed in a kamikaze attack by the only entity colder than himself: the North Wind, King of the Frozen Wastes, Ruler of the Cardinal Winds - and Bigby Wolf's deadbeat dad."--P. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,898,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible