Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill…

Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind (edition 2012)

by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)

Series: Fables (17)

Member:-Eva-
Title:Fables Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind
Authors:Bill Willingham (Author)
Other authors:Mark Buckingham (Illustrator)
Info:Vertigo (2012), Edition: First Edition, Paperback, 144 pages
Collections:Your library, Hylla: K2d, Read in 2012
Tags:american literature, fiction, graphic novel, based on folktales

Fables, Vol. 17: Inherit the Wind by Bill Willingham

Recently added byangelista, pva, private library, rickyrickyricky, ErlendSkjelten, miacat_1, joralv

English (12)  Dutch (1)  All languages (13)
This one has more meat to the story with picking up with Bodkin in Oz and the choosing of a new North Wind. Even with all of that happening in the book there is not a ton of action since Mr Dark has been taken care of. You do have to wonder about the Bigby and Snow's other children with the prophesy and how that will all be handled. ( )
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |
One of my favorite in the recent runs of this series--one of the cubs (and not the expected one!) is chosen as the new North Wind, Rose Red is troubled by Hope, and a turtle carries it's soul in a teacup. Certainly not all that's covered in this volume, but a few of my favorite pieces. Willingham and co. continue to enthrall with this series. ( )
  willowsmom | Jan 14, 2014 |
3.75 stars

Bigby and Snow's cubs are doing “tests” to see who will take over from The North Wind, Bigby's father, as King. The other winds aren't happy with this idea. Elsewhere, Bufkin the flying monkey, is wanting a revolution in Oz.

I often have differing opinions on the different storylines, so it's hard to come up with a rating. I quite enjoyed the cubs' storyline, but Bufkin's wasn't as interesting to me. There was a short Christmas story at the end, which I really liked! I am trying not to give ¼ or ¾ stars, anymore, but in order to fit my rating in better with the other books in the series, I am doing that this time. It would have stayed at a 3.5 rating, except the Christmas story raised it up a bit. ( )
  LibraryCin | Jan 11, 2014 |
In the aftermath of the last adventures, the story turns to several dissimilar storylines with Bufkin, Rose Red, and the Bigby Wolf family each having their own adventures. Because it's a bunch of stories, it comes off as a bit disjointed. Still great reading and it left me with a few cliff hangers that have me wanting to read more. ( )
  andreablythe | Dec 7, 2013 |

I used to be really into the Fables series, but this had been languishing on my shelves for some time and I realised after reading it that I had actually skipped a volume and not noticed. The title story is actually rather nice - the six/seven children of Snow White and Bigby are in competition to see which will become the new North Wind after the death of the incumbent, though the East, West and South Winds are rather unfortunate racial stereotypes. The other stories in the book are linked with the grander narrative, which I'd lost track of. Not a volume for newcomers to the series, which to be honest might have been better brought to a close after the grand conflict in volume 11. ( )
  nwhyte | Nov 16, 2013 |
This volume of frosty storms and calamities is dedicated to Stephanie Cooke, with affection. - Bill Willingham
To my wonderful wife Irma, for all her love and exceptional tolerance as I juggled drawing this arc with our moving countries; and to Elena, for being equally tolerant with me as well as being the very best of friends to us both. - Mark Buckingham

"The fearsome Mister Dark is dead, killed in a kamikaze attack by the only entity colder than himself: the North Wind, King of the Frozen Wastes, Ruler of the Cardinal Winds - and Bigby Wolf's deadbeat dad."--P. [4] of cover.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,353,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible