I'm a Seed by Jean Marzollo
483621,297 (4)None

a fun book about the different aspects of a seed
1 book
  TUCC | Jul 7, 2017 |
The big message of this book is to help readers learn about the similarities and differences of plants. Therefore, I liked this book for three reasons. The first reason why I like this book is because of the writing. The sentence structures are simple, and the organization of the writing makes sense. The second reason why I like this book I because of the illustrations. The illustrator filled the page with realistic drawings, and the readers are able to see the similarities and differences of each type of seed. The third reason why I enjoyed this story is because it is nonfiction. The author tells a story about an occurrence of real life. Seeds grow different plants, and each plant grows new seeds. Those seeds are used to grow more plants. This story is a simple read, and can help readers learn about the life cycle of a plant. ( )
  Tcochr1 | Feb 6, 2015 |
This book is a beginner book that explains the cycle of two different seeds. The two seeds grow up differently into two unique plants. This book is great for students to read because it shows that all students are different and unique. This book is for beginning readers grades preschool and up.
  lauramaki | Dec 9, 2014 |
I'M A SEED is a level 1 beginner book for emergent readers. This is not a book that I would use as a read aloud in my class, however I would still keep it in my classroom's library. The book is appropriate for my kindergarten students who need to read higher level books then what my class' program has for them. The best feature of this book is at the beginning. The author included a note to parents about how to read the book to a child and how to have a child read the book to the parent. What I did to like about the book was the way the author presented the information. Throughout the book, two seeds are talking to one another. Seeds do not talk, but I understand why the author wrote the book this way. For emergent readers, the text needs to be easy to understand. By having the two seeds talk, students do not have to read character names, whichh can sometimes be tricky. Overall, this is a good book for beginning readers, but not an excellent book for information. ( )
  amartin2787 | Nov 21, 2012 |
This book is about a seed growing. When the seeds are small are seen to be the same kind of plant but as they grow they end up being different. One seed grows into a flower plant and the other seed grows into pumpkins.

This book is very easy to read. This book is good for small children it is short, has great pictures, and has good information.

An idea for this book is to read in a science setting. For instance, if the class decides to plant something this book would explain the plant growing.
  kacu04 | Mar 29, 2009 |

Jean Marzolloprimary authorall editionscalculated
Moffatt, JudithIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

A pumpkin seed and a marigold seed grow into plants side by side.

Jean Marzollo is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,929,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible