The cemetery club by J.G. Faherty

The cemetery club (edition 2012)

by J.G. Faherty

Member:biglou8501
Title:The cemetery club
Authors:J.G. Faherty
Info:San Mateo, CA : JournalStone, 2012.

Cemetery Club by J G Faherty

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took me quite awhile to actually pick up and begin to read this. However, once I actually did start I was hooked on the characters and story almost immediately. Well written and well plotted, this book is good for anybody looking for a creepy book with tons of atmosphere. ( )
  bookymouse | Feb 20, 2014 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very good book. Dark and fast read.
  TxYanky | Mar 3, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took me a while to write this because I was so busy. Boy I wish I had gotten into this way before I did! It is an amazing creepy and eerie story. I won't rehash the story line, as other already have, but if you are a fan of Stephen King's It, this is a similar coming of age story with elements of fighting evil and monsters that have haunted you since childhood.. ( )
  ZombiAsh | Feb 21, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Eh, it wasn't that terrible of a zombie-undead-vampire-gore killing-book that seems to be all the rage now a days. The characters did seem to fall a bit flat, even though you see the transition between being 16 and at 36; very Stephen King's IT. Todd, the main character, does have the most appealing character, followed by the female lead Marisol, who's personal life, turns out to unfortunately be the focus of all her personality. Eh, wasn't bad, wasn't good, but a book to get kids into a reading; something we all can agree on. ( )
  kristincedar | Feb 12, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Eerie tale of a buried and tortured towns past and the evil that lurks beneath it. I was sufficiently creeped out and the end made me cringe!! JG Faherty did a great job of twisting a tale that possibly borders on truth and easy to see happening. Not quite the Zombie Apocalypse but close enough that you want to start stocking up on water, food and most importantly guns, bullets and holy water! Definitely a good read for the paranormal lover and those that like a good ancient mystery!! ( )
  cwaldrum | Aug 23, 2012 |
"Sinners!"

20 years ago four friends awoke an ancient evil, and only the Cemetery Club can stop it before the whole town ends up dead. Or worse. Rocky Point is a small town with a violent history - mass graves, illegal medical experiments and brutal murders dating back centuries. Of course, when Cory, Marisol, John and Todd form the Cemetery Club, they know none of this. They've found the coolest place to party after school - an old crypt. But then things start to go bad. People get killed and the Cemetery Club knows the cause: malevolent creatures that turn people into zombies. When no one believes them, they descend into the infested tunnels below the town and somehow manage to stop the cannibalistic deaths. Now, twenty years later, the horror is beginning again. The Cemetery Club must reunite to defeat the menace once and for all. The problem is they can't remember how they did it the first time. It's a race against time to find the true source of evil infesting Rocky Point, as the Cemetery Club ventures into the cryptic maze, to face their demons in a final showdown.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

J G Faherty's book Cemetery Club was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

J G Faherty is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,533,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible