Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Sweet Dreams (edition 2011)

by Kristen Ashley

Collections:Favorites, Read
Rating:*****

Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Favorite quote:

Seemed Tate had bonded with his cat even more than it appeared he'd bonded with his cat and it was pretty clear he'd seriously bonded.

That kind of nonsense is what kept pulling me out of the story. Same as the first book with the massive amount of interjections and bad grammar. Another annoying tenancy Ms Ashley has:

He had a point.
"You have a point," I told him.

Do we really need to write all that out? Only happens about 5 times, but it made me fume at every occurrence.

One more thing about the interjections... At least this heroine had the guts to tell him to shut it... Once...

"Tate..." He opened his mouth to speak and my hand clamped over it. "Let me talk."

One recurring theme I noticed was how all the major events in people's lives had happened ten years previously. Krys had been with Bubba teen years. Heroine had been with husband ten years. Tate and Neet had Jonas ten years ago. There might have even been others that I missed...

I'll also admit that I was rather disappointed that the story was so similar to the first book of this series. Most of the major elements and plot points were the same and after a while I was able to guess what was coming up next. Not crazy about the random crime story that was thrown into both books. They could have both done without them as it did nothing for either story and just seemed thrown in to have something going on besides the romance. I also wasn't crazy about Tate. Where Max seemed to realize he was being an ass and try to compromise, Tate also knew how ridiculous he was being but told the heroine to deal with it cause it wasn't changing. His alpha-hole basically had no redeeming qualities... He was just an ass.

Overall, I just didn't like this book nearly has much as I did the last one. I feel like I would love Kristen Ashley's stories more if she sought the help of an editor or two. ( )
  GoldenDarter | Sep 15, 2016 |
There are times when editing mistakes and run on sentences bother me but there are times when I say: Who Cares? and the book draws me in so much that I want to stay there forever.

This book was amazing.
It captivated my heart, my soul, and every part of my body and mind.

Lauren -- An amazing character who wasn't too whiny but real and likable.
Tate -- I need me a Tate Enough Said!

This book captured me and I really really felt the emotions which is hard as hell for a person to do! I needed tissues and my family looked at me funny when I busted out laughing.

What was different then Kristen's other books? You can read this one first because it does not include the other characters from the other books. ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
It took awhile to get through this, but good grief I enjoyed it.. Lauren arrives in Carnal, CO after leaving a miserable marriage. Her husband cheated on her with a so-called best friend, but she comes to realize there were deeper scars on her soul. She could be a bit goofy, or slow to catch on, but her determination to change her life and find inner peace remained a constant. Bounty hunter Tate was everything I'd expect of an alpha-male and then some. He was foul mouthed, possessive, and raunchy, but there was a heart of gold under all that bluster and over-protective possessiveness.

This wasn't a case of insta-love and I enjoyed watching the relationship develop. Ms. Ashley has a talent for getting right down to the bone to squeeze out the rawest emotion. I cried. In several places. It wasn't just the story, it was how it unfolded. She also writes super-nova hot sex scenes. They fit Tate's raunchy side perfectly. Although, I'd prefer the couple did NOT discuss and compare their respective "bedroom skills" to their ex's. It seems weird to me and IMHO cheapens the scene.

I did like how Tate took care of Lauren, especially after the call about her father's heart attack. As months passed, the couple worked through their individual life hang-ups and dramas together. Tate might have been an alpha, but they became equals in their relationship and each had an important role to fill that enhanced their lives. Jonas was adorable and I loved how Lauren fit into his world. Neeta was a raving lunatic, but even I felt sorry for her towards the end.

There were many standout characters in this book. Bubba surprised me, Lauren's dad was amazing, Krystal would be a great heroine for another book, and Shambles was a lovable guy who adored his wife. It was also neat to see a connection to Mac and Nina from [b:The Gamble|18453269|The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)|Kristen Ashley|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1381589856s/18453269.jpg|16152936].

Just like it's predecessor, [b:Sweet Dreams|18656253|Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)|Kristen Ashley|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1381589939s/18656253.jpg|16152935] was too long and many scenes were overly detailed and drawn out. Others only added an "Awwww" factor and did nothing to move the plot, but I still liked it. I was expecting excitement at the end and more tears, so I kept going. It delivered. There is a split-second "look" between Tate and Lauren that is branded on my mind. The image and emotions blended to leap off the page. Awesomeness...

So here I am...headed for book three.

Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Great book! The kind you don't want to put down until you finish
  lowekel | Feb 1, 2016 |
I would rate Kristen Ashley books higher if they weren't ALL THE SAME! This book was very entertaining. However it was a lot like The Gamble: Colorado, alpha male, female loves Xmas, etc. You do get your money's worth since the author writes long books. ( )
  msphotogirl | Oct 19, 2015 |

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn't know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers.

But she learned the hard way that special wasn't on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate's angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn't want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn't a bartender, he's a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn't speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate as secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, Tate leads Lauren to special and Laurie tries to find her inner biker babe.

Lauren Grahame is looking to reinvent herself. After leaving her cheating husband, Lauren moves to Carnal, Colorado, and gets a job as a waitress in a biker bar called Bubba's. It's a nothing job in a nowhere joint . . . until Tatum Jackson walks in. Lauren has never seen a man with such good looks, muscles, and attitude. But when he insults her, Lauren doesn't want anything to do with him. Too bad for Lauren he's also the bar's part owner and bartender. When the rough-around-the-edges Tate meets the high-class Lauren, he thinks she won't fit in at Bubba's. Yet there's more to Lauren than meets the eye, and Tate soon sets his mind on claiming her as his own. Before long, the desire burning between them is heating up the cold mountain air. But when violence strikes the town, Tate must reveal a dark secret to Lauren-one that may put an end to their sweet dreams.… (more)

33 wanted2 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,158,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible