Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Sweet Dreams (edition 2011)

by Kristen Ashley

Collections:Favorites, Read
Rating:*****

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley

4,5 stars.

Good book and a lot better than the first one in a lot of ways, one thing I have to say is that I think the chemistry between Nina and Max was a little less hotter than the one between Laurie and Tate. And Tate, man oh man. This one made me cry harder and far more times than the first, fact that made me realize that Kristen Ashley put a lot more angst and drama into this series than into her Rock Chick or her Dream Man series. There was some humor here too, but a superficial one which made me think it was there so the book didn't get that heavy with the kind of situations the characters were dealing with through out the book. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |
Wow this is the first Book of KA's where I did not fall instantly in love with her man ... I did LOVE parts of this book , but there were also parts I did not love . Tate was very rough in the beginning I wanted to bitch slap him at least a hundred times , Then he grew on me about half way through. I LOVED Lauren , She was totally awesome through the whole book.

Storyline

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe

Tate,he is an ex-cop bounty hunter who happens to also be a biker! He is rough around the edges from the beginning . He was alpha-male at its finest! He was possessive and protective. He could be rude and gruff, but his underlying loyalty and sweetness completely won me over in the end .

"Two kinds of women get under your skin. The ones who do damage, they don't feel good there but once you're fuckin' stupid enough to let them in you got no choice but to take the time it takes to work them out. Then there are the ones who don't do damage, who feel good there, feed the muscle, the bone, the soul, not rip it or break it or burn it. The ones you don't wanna work out." -Tate

“Which one are you?" I whispered.
"What?" he asked.
"Are you the good guy, the sweet guy who takes care of me or are you this guy who's kind of a jerk?"
His answer was instantaneous. "I'm both those guys, babe. Your job is to get used to it."
There it was, another order. Not even an ultimatum. Just, "get used to it".

I loved Lauren's character as well. To see her transformation from insecure and lost, to strong and confident was enjoyable. She was such a sweetie, and her personal interest in everyone in the town, won them over to the point of everyone loving her.

I never pegged the damn Serial Killer , I'm either slipping in books or I am getting to involved in the love in them to focus on what else is happening with a book hahaha .

With all that went on through Everything I did love this book just as much as any other KA book I have read .. She definitely knows how to keep you in a book and turning the pages ...

“Jesus, Laurie, baby, look at you."
My eyes followed his, mainly because I wanted him to keep at me and I'd do just about anything he told me to do to get it.
But what I saw made my heart skip and my legs fail.
Tate, dark, tall, behind me, his hands on me; me, blonde, my face flushed, my eyes hooded, tucked tight against him. A perfect fit, made to be there. A perfect match, made to be together.
Made to be there.
Made to be together.
We looked great.
We looked hot.
We looked beautiful.
My eyes went to his in the mirror.”

1 vote Chris.BlogEmporium | May 6, 2014 |
There may be a slight spoiler - I don't think it is but just a warning ...........

Loved this book. I am seriously in trouble. I really, really don't like 'macho man, badass, alpha male types' and yet ... darn.

Laurie didn't think she did either and had this to say after only a few days in his company.

"if he wasn't so handsome, strong, sometimes sweet, didn't have a Harley, that beard, a tendency to play with my hair, didn't look so good in jeans and wasn't so danged good in bed, he would seriously not be worth it"

Hahaha

And then this when they were trying to decide who buys what and who does what around the house: "Sheets are chick territory," he said without delay. You gotta use tools, that's dick territory."

LOVED this book, fantastic story and a really good read. ( )
1 vote Rosemary_Montgomery | Apr 20, 2014 |
4.5 * ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
I really liked Lauren. And Tate. The length of the book was off-putting - it really dragged on - but it was good. Especially the parts with Jonas and Lauren. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn't know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers.

But she learned the hard way that special wasn't on offer.

Tate's angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn't want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn't a bartender, he's a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn't speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate as secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, Tate leads Lauren to special and Laurie tries to find her inner biker babe.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,301,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible