Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Sweet Dreams (edition 2011)

by Kristen Ashley

Title:Sweet Dreams
Authors:Kristen Ashley
Collections:Favorites, Read

Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

I would rate Kristen Ashley books higher if they weren't ALL THE SAME! This book was very entertaining. However it was a lot like The Gamble: Colorado, alpha male, female loves Xmas, etc. You do get your money's worth since the author writes long books. ( )
  msphotogirl | Oct 19, 2015 |
5 stars! I loved it way more than The Gamble (which I thought was good too). There was so much story going on that it felt like I was reading a multiple book series about Tate and Lauren. The secondary characters were really well developed, I felt like I knew them and loved them (well most of the them), they weren't crazy like the ones in Gnaw Bone. Really good story in general, it was journey, not the straight forward girl meets guy, fall in love and lives HEA. You see the work it takes to get there.

Once I got used to Tate and his ways, I loved him. He is a no B.S. bad ass biker, bounty hunter, alpha male, plain and simple.

Only Tate can be totally mushy one minute and over it the next yet still sound OK doing it.

"All right, Ace, this is done,” he announced quietly.
“These heart to hearts.”
“Oh,” I whispered, disappointed because I kind of liked them. “Okay.”
“We get it now,” he explained. “We don’t need ‘em.”

Kind of a jerk thing to say, yes, but totally Tate.

There were so many things about Tate to love besides being hot, he's a good person who proves that he would do anything for those that he loves (and does). Lauren comes into her own as well. Both are list makers, I love Tate and Lauren rocks!

Another favorite quote...

...I whispered “You okay?”
"Fuck no,” he replied, not whispering at all.
“Is there something I can do?” I asked.
“You’re doin’ it,” he stated.
“I am?” I asked.
“You love me?” he asked.
“Yes,” I answered instantly.
“That’s it, you’re doin’ it,” he finished.

A must read! ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
I think this is the first book I have ever read where the hero has a beard, not just scruff but a full sexy beard! Seriously HOT!!! This book like the first in the series (even though honestly the two have so little in common I'm not sure they need to be part of the same series) is terrific!

Tate is a very badass biker, bounty hunter hero (among other things) and Lauren is fresh out of a bad marriage and fresh into Carnal, Colorado. The last thing she expects to do is meet and hookup with Tate but when she does she sets her mind to become a biker babe in training. Add in lots of secrets, a great cast of characters, plus a serial killer on the loose and it makes for a great book.

Anyone who's read a Kristen Ashley books knows her style of writing is to write very long books with run-on sentences that tend to be repetitive among other editing issues. But never doubt that the end result is that her books have some of the hottest heroes, amazing stories and are always addictive and leave you going back for more! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
This is a great book to read. Tate is a delicious biker with a no holds barred attitude. Lauren is not a biker, with more polish. The two start out at odds with each other and end up in love. I couldn't put this book down. ( )
  PJFiala | Feb 17, 2015 |
4,5 stars.

Good book and a lot better than the first one in a lot of ways, one thing I have to say is that I think the chemistry between Nina and Max was a little less hotter than the one between Laurie and Tate. And Tate, man oh man. This one made me cry harder and far more times than the first, fact that made me realize that Kristen Ashley put a lot more angst and drama into this series than into her Rock Chick or her Dream Man series. There was some humor here too, but a superficial one which made me think it was there so the book didn't get that heavy with the kind of situations the characters were dealing with through out the book. ( )
  msralways | Aug 19, 2014 |

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn't know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers.

But she learned the hard way that special wasn't on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate's angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn't want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn't a bartender, he's a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn't speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate as secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, Tate leads Lauren to special and Laurie tries to find her inner biker babe.

Lauren Grahame is looking to reinvent herself. After leaving her cheating husband, Lauren moves to Carnal, Colorado, and gets a job as a waitress in a biker bar called Bubba's. It's a nothing job in a nowhere joint . . . until Tatum Jackson walks in. Lauren has never seen a man with such good looks, muscles, and attitude. But when he insults her, Lauren doesn't want anything to do with him. Too bad for Lauren he's also the bar's part owner and bartender. When the rough-around-the-edges Tate meets the high-class Lauren, he thinks she won't fit in at Bubba's. Yet there's more to Lauren than meets the eye, and Tate soon sets his mind on claiming her as his own. Before long, the desire burning between them is heating up the cold mountain air. But when violence strikes the town, Tate must reveal a dark secret to Lauren-one that may put an end to their sweet dreams.… (more)

2 wanted2 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible