Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley

Sweet Dreams (edition 2011)

by Kristen Ashley

Rating:*****

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley

4.5 * ( )
  nutelena | Sep 25, 2013 |
I really liked Lauren. And Tate. The length of the book was off-putting - it really dragged on - but it was good. Especially the parts with Jonas and Lauren. ( )
  cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
It kinda reminded me of Motorcycle Man. Just as good and rather addictive. Loved it. ( )
  sharrow | Sep 21, 2013 |
This is my first time on the computer today, I never even turned on the TV, once I started this book, I couldn't put it down!

Tate and Laurie had a wonderful dynamic, I really enjoyed their banter. All the characters were fully fleshed and I definitely never saw the identity of the bad guy coming. This book is a major re-read for me. I love how Tate and Laurie's relationship came about. It wasn't the typical boy meets girl , boy and girl fall in love, happily ever after. Tate and Laurie were real people, and had real person flaws. Phenomenal book! ( )
  LaCello | Sep 21, 2013 |
I've been waiting until I could figure out what I want to say about this book, but I'm still having a hard time with it. I did like it, it was as engaging as Ms. Ashley's other stories I've read. But I had a problem with Tate being so overbearing and Laurie being sooooo wimpy that I could hardly finish the book. And again, the dialogue. I don't know of anyone who talks the way she writes. It's horribly distracting and frustrating because it keeps pulling me away from the story. And the way she keeps the characters talking over one another, interrupting or trying to interrupt. It just got so frustrating I found myself skipping huge segments of dialogue just to avoid the whole thing. I also found myself getting lost in the run-on sentences, but then not caring enough to go back and try to figure out what was going on. Truthfully, I was relieved to finish the story. Unfortunately, this will likely be the last one I read from Ms. Ashley unless she changes up her writing style. ( )
  breena31 | May 24, 2013 |

Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn't know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers.

But she learned the hard way that special wasn't on offer.

So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate's angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn't want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn't a bartender, he's a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn't speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on.

Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate as secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, Tate leads Lauren to special and Laurie tries to find her inner biker babe.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible