This Place is Cold by Vicki Cobb

This Place is Cold

by Vicki Cobb

Summary: This book focuses on the climate of Alaska and the plants and animals that are forced to survive the harsh conditions of the environment. The book displays snow and ice and over climatic factors that are relevant in Alaska.

Personal Reflection: I enjoyed this book because it was very informational and gave a lot of insight into places that are so much different than where we live. Working at a preschool, I realized many of the children have never seen snow or know what snow is. I think this book was interesting because it gave way to new perspectives and climates.

Class use: I would use this book in themes of geography and climate. I think I would use this book to demonstrate topics like global warming that pose serious concern for the future of the planet. I would also use this book to teach adaption and finding ways to survive climatic changes.
  MelissaKlatt | Apr 22, 2015 |
This is an informational book that is presented in an engaging way to more experienced readers. There are many facts about the Arctic wilderness included, but it does not feel like you are reading a textbook. The illustrations are charming, and seem to celebrate the Arctic way of life. ( )
  SDando | Jan 18, 2012 |

This book is part of a series by this author that describes what it is like to live in certain places. This book in particular talks about what it is like to live in Alaska, which is a remote part of the United States. It discusses how the temperatures drop very low and other things the citizens of this state must do. Like, plugging in cars and making sure your eyebrows don’t freeze.

Focuses on the land, animals, plants, and climate of Alaska, presenting it as an example of a place where it is so cold your hair can freeze and break off.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:49 -0400)

Vicki Cobb is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,123,470 books! | Top bar: Always visible