The Butterfly Forest: (Mystery/Thriller) by…

The Butterfly Forest: (Mystery/Thriller) (edition 2011)

by Tom Lowe

Member:Wazeau
Title:The Butterfly Forest: (Mystery/Thriller)
Authors:Tom Lowe
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2011), Paperback, 448 pages
Rating:*

The Butterfly Forest: (Mystery/Thriller) by Tom Lowe

This is my first read with this author and I was impressed with his varied cast of characters and their own backstories. I gasped out loud at the hanging of one man - a real surprise and a sad event.

I'm lookin forward to more books by this author, and will seek them out. I loved the fast pace. ( )
  Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |

Patbilly | Apr 29, 2014 |
I honestly didn't know what I was getting when I downloaded the free kindle version of this book, but my inner nature nut was taken in by the butterfly on the cover. I read a lot of genres, but crime thriller is not among them. However, this book held my interest. The Butterfly Forest has a great main character in retired cop Sean O'Brien, and plenty of action and mystery to keep the plot moving along. The author clearly knows his home state of Florida, and weaves a lovely side story of endangered butterflies into the murder mystery set in the Ocala Forest. I enjoyed this story very much, as I was both educated and entertained, and feel a bit guilty for the free read. ( )
  readaholic12 | Apr 1, 2012 |

"College graduate student Molly Monroe is about to release rare butterflies not far from where the FBI used 4,000 bullets in a shootout to kill Ma Barker and one of her gangster sons in 1936. Molly snaps a picture that will frame something she never sees coming. Sean O'Brien does see something - a predator. Between the sea of cars in a Walmart parking lot. Walking quickly. Stalking two women. As O'Brien tries to prevent the abduction, he opens the door to a new relationship. And he opens a dark door to a horror that is secluded within the forest. Bodies are discovered, and police think an old man is responsible. O'Brien believes it may be something else, something hidden deep in the forest. To prove it, he's forced to find it. He follows veiled tracks that lead him farther into the woods where an evil from the past intersects with a frightening presence to from a volatile trap with only one way out"--Amazon.com.… (more)

Tom Lowe is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,540,216 books! | Top bar: Always visible