The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

The Bitter Kingdom (2013)

by Rae Carson

The entire series was great, I gave it a solid 5-star rating, perhaps the best book in the series. I got absorbed in the book, couldn't put it down, wanted to know more. Many nights I stayed up late to finish a chapter and ended up reading another one. The Girl of Fire and Thorn Trilogy is well worth your time. Rae Carson, you knocked this out of the park. ( )
  stevealtier | May 28, 2017 |
Good ending!!!!

There were many things I liked about this series and many things I wish the author would have explored more. Overall a good book that I would let my girls read along side of me in their late teens. ( )
  cool-mom-e | May 7, 2016 |
This was a fabulous end to a terrific series. Starting almost immediately from "Crown of Embers" once again Elisa and her friends face many trials and adventures as they attempt to rescue Hector. Like the previous two books, this one is filled with fast-paced action to keep you reading as well as some tender moments for the romantics. This has been a wonderful debut for Ms Carson and I am looking forward to seeing what she comes up with next. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 22, 2016 |
The New York Times‒best-selling series!

"Carson joins the ranks of writers like Kristin Cashore, Megan Whalen Turner, and Tamora Pierce as one of YA's best writers of high fantasy."—Locus

In the deeply satisfying conclusion to the bestselling Girl of Fire and Thorns trilogy, seventeen-year-old sorcerer-queen Elisa travels into the unknown realm of the enemy to win back her true love, save her country, and uncover the final secrets of her destiny.

Elisa is a fugitive in her own country. Her enemies have stolen the man she loves in order to lure her to the gate of darkness. As she and her daring companions take one last quest into unknown enemy territory to save Hector, Elisa will face hardships she's never imagined. And she will discover secrets about herself and her world that could change the course of history. She must rise up as champion—a champion to those who have hated her most. Riveting, surprising, and achingly romantic, Rae Carson has spun a bold and powerful conclusion to her extraordinary trilogy.
  lkmuir | Nov 23, 2015 |
A truly triumphant conclusion to a marvelous trilogy. Highly recommended! ( )
  waclements7 | Oct 27, 2015 |
For my sister, Rebekah, who was the first to say, "You can do it."

Elisa, a fugitive in her own kingdom, faces great challenges to rescue the man she loves from her enemies, prevent a civil war, and take back her throne but as her magic grows, Elisa discovers the shocking truth about her enemy's ultimate goal.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,487,843 books! | Top bar: Always visible