The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by…

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell (original 2012; edition 2012)

by Chris Colfer

349None31,636 (3.83)2
Member:Rigfield
Title:The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell
Authors:Chris Colfer
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 448 pages
Rating:*****

The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (2012)

I was skeptical at first, but I have to admit that I enjoyed this book and got caught up in the story. ( )
  asomers | Feb 28, 2014 |
Twins Alex and Conner fall through a Fairy Tale Book their Grandmother gave them and starts them on a quest to get home. Along the way they meet their favorite Fairy Tale characters and some not so favorite (the big bad wolf pack for one). I found this book to be refreshing and delightful. I loved the different take on the characters like Red Riding Hood being self centered, Goldilocks on the run from the law. I had a hard time putting the book down and truthfully read it in a day. If you want to read a book that is a change of pace from what you normally read give this book a try. ( )
  Draak | Nov 23, 2013 |
Chris Colfer has written the reader into the magical world of fairytales and legends we love! He truly lets us experience much more than a moral tale. He has a gift for helping the reader discover himself/ her-self.

I was most impressed by the author's insight into the characters. Each of the characters was introduced to me again with a keen observation and understanding. The book is filled with adventure and intrigue!

-Breton Kaiser-Shinn ( )
  Breton07 | Sep 19, 2013 |
In this book, young Alex and Connor are transported to a magical land where all the fairytales they've ever read have come to life before their eyes, with several unexpected twists. They embark on a quest to get all the items required to cast the "Wishing Spell" and return back to their own world.
  beccaowen | Sep 17, 2013 |
Whoa. Didn't know Chris Colfer is a writer. :) I love Kurt in Glee so definitely reading this one sometime soon.
  lexiechan | Sep 10, 2013 |

Chris Colferprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dorman, BrandonIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031620157X, Hardcover)

Alex and Conner Bailey's world is about to change, in this fast-paced adventure that uniquely combines our modern day world with the enchanting realm of classic fairy tales.

The Land of Stories tells the tale of twins Alex and Conner. Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, they leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about.

But after a series of encounters with witches, wolves, goblins, and trolls alike, getting back home is going to be harder than they thought.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:23 -0400)

"Through the mysterious powers of a cherished book of stories, twins Alex and Conner leave their world behind and find themselves in a foreign land full of wonder and magic where they come face-to-face with the fairy tale characters they grew up reading about"--… (more)

188 wanted2 pay5 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,478,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible