Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons by…

Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons (2012)

by Eric Litwin

Other authors: James Dean (Illustrator)

Series: Pete the Cat (3)

"Pete the Cat" has become a favorite of my little sister (who is three). I bought her first Pete book and my dad has hunted every other one down since! This story is about Pete (a cat) who has 4 groovy buttons on his shirt. One by one, they pop off. Instead of throwing a fit though, Pete rocks his new style each time a button is lost.
  kather8 | Jun 8, 2015 |
Great book for counting! It is a bit humorous but also very sweet. I would recommend this for young individuals who have been read to out loud (as the story line might be more convoluted for super young individuals) but need some intrdouction to numbers and connecting the concept of counting to objects! ( )
  RuthFinnigan | Jun 7, 2015 |
Pete the Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons is a book that helps with subtraction. Pete the Cat puts on his favorite shirt that has four groovy buttons. He sings his favorite song each time he wears the shirt. One button pops off the shirt and he is left with three buttons, but Pete isn't upset, he just changes his song about three buttons instead of four. The buttons keep falling off until Pete is left with just his belly button. This story allows the reader to do subtraction along with Pete until there are no buttons left. Stuff will come and go, but Pete doesn't get upset, he just keeps singing. Each student could wear their favorite shirt to class and come up with a math equation that goes along with that shirt. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 26, 2015 |
I like this book for several reasons. First, I like that the author incorporated math into the book by asking how many buttons were left after each one popped off. The illustrations show the math equation that goes with how many buttons were remaining on Pete's shirt. Second, I like the repetition of the song that Pete sings "my buttons, my buttons, my _ groovy buttons". This can be so fun for students to sing along to and engage them in the story during shared readings. Finally, I like that the message of the story is that even though life does not always go the way we would like it to, we should not cry about it! ( )
  estree1 | Mar 25, 2015 |
Pete the Cat starts out with four buttons, but through fun, singsongy text he ends up with only his belly button, and he is perfectly fine with that. “Stuff will come and stuff will go. But do we cry? Goodness, no! We keep on singing.”
  kacieholt | Mar 23, 2015 |

Eric Litwinprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dean, JamesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Pete the Cat is wearing his favorite shirt—the one with the four totally groovy buttons. But when one falls off, does Pete cry? Goodness, no! He just keeps on singing his song—after all, what could be groovier than three groovy buttons? Count down with Pete in this rocking new story from the creators of the bestselling Pete the Cat books.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:35 -0400)

Pete the cat loves the buttons on his shirt so much that he makes up a song about them, and even as the buttons pop off, one by one, he still finds a reason to sing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,872,051 books! | Top bar: Always visible