Wills of the Rich and Famous by Herbert Nass

Wills of the Rich and Famous (1991)

by Herbert Nass

(1) .parlor (1) 3.07 stars (1) BB (1) biography (7) biography/memoir (1) celebrity (6) death (1) den (1) dust jacket (1) famous people (1) film (1) H3-5 (1) hardcover (1) HC (1) history (2) humor (1) inheritance (1) Inscribed (1) it was on sale! (1) law (1) non-fiction (4) NR (1) reference (3) S (1) Testaments (1) trivia (2) unrated (1) USA (1) Wills (5)

OK. An adequate treatment of the subject. The author - a lawyer - devotes a few pages to each person, with short descriptions of each background and claim to fame, an account of the death, and any facts available about provisions for heirs and assets. The celebrities are divided into sections according to their occupations; Leading Men and Women, Writers, Artists, Comedians, Presidents, Musicians, Showmen, Directors. There is a separate chapter for the Super Rich.

Details are sometimes sketchy, and it feels like the author tries to pad the shorter accounts a bit. But the stories are interesting, and the book is worth reading. ( )
  MerryMary | Nov 1, 2010 |
To the two most important women in my life:
My loving and beloved wife, Jodi, whose support, hard work, and good cheer have been constant sources of inspiration for me,

and

My beloved and loving mother, Edna, whose spirit, appreciation of art, and good humor helped me to be me.
Introduction: With the personal lives of the rich and famous increasingly subject to public scrutiny, so, too, have their deaths and their Wills become a further subject of interest for the stargazing public.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,922,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible