Wicked Jealous: A Love Story by Robin Palmer

Wicked Jealous: A Love Story (edition 2012)

by Robin Palmer (Author)

Member:the1butterfly
Title:Wicked Jealous: A Love Story
Authors:Robin Palmer (Author)
Info:Speak (2012), 352 pages
Tags:Fairy Tale, Fiction, Snow White

Wicked Jealous: A Love Story by Robin Palmer

So Simone accidentally changes her life because she can't really say no to people and she ends up in a Zumba class, and then back in it, and before she knows it she's eating veggies instead of snack cakes. Her best friend convinces her that it's finally time to have that makeover and suddenly she finds herself becoming on the outside something more like the person she's always been. Now she's got boys following her around a jealous stepmom (although it seemed like the stepmom was jealous before this). The thing is that this is the second fairy tale retelling in a row I've read where the protagonist obviously goes for the wrong guy. It doesn't matter if they're hot, if they don't share interests with you, find someone else. Still, I had fun watching her transform herself. ( )
  the1butterfly | Apr 11, 2018 |
Release Date : July 19th 2012
Publisher : Speak / Penguin Canada
Format : ARC
Source :
*A copy was provided by Penguin Canada for an honest review*

My Opinion :

Wicked Jealous is an updated take on the popular fairy tale Snow White, but not many aspect of Snow White, one of my favorite tales, were in the book, apart from the evil-stepmother trying to feel the main character apple even though she was allergic to it.

To say that Wicked Jealous was a very great book would be a too far of a stretch, but it definitely was an entertaining book that you should add to your (ever-growing) summer reading pile.

Wicked Jealous is the perfect summer book that has you grinning and laughing out loud. It definitely has a summer feel to it, and even though (while I am writing this review) summer has not yet started for me (D:), it made me more eager for it and had me relax even if I still have a couple exams left.

Wicked Jealous is Simone's story. Simone is NOT your typical teenager. She loves old French movies, and music, hates popular shows. And she eats when she's stressed; hence her being more... roundish, let's say. But then, she starts this Zumba dancing class and starts losing weight. Then, there's the murderous, evil and bee-atche step-mother (or well, supposedly-soon-to-be... and if you have read the book, you know all about the murderous part), Hillary.

Wicked Jealous is a good contemporary book, but I didn't really enjoy its writing, mainly because the book was too slow-paced for me at times. The writing isn't anything special, even though it is pretty much enjoyable.

Simone was a good character, and I would have liked her better if it had not been for her problem of self-esteem

I think the best part of the book was when she started living with Max, her brother, and his friends.

3.5 ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |
Modern day.
Romance. ( )
  TeamDewey | Apr 1, 2013 |

A fresh and funny twist on Snow White from the author of Cindy Ella and Geek Charming! The ideal L.A. fairy tale for fans of Once Upon a Time and L.A. Candy

Simone never saw herself as the "cute girl"--she was always the chunky smartmouth. But after a year of avoiding her wicked almost-stepmonster through Zumba class, Simone's now sporting a whole new retro style. And people keep acting oddly. One thing: her stepmonster seems to be trying to accidentally kill her, or at least fatten her back up. And so when Simone's brother offers to let her move in with him and his six roommates for the summer, Simone jumps at the chance for some normalcy. Only living with seven very different college boys isn't exactly going to help her land her very own happily ever after . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:05 -0400)

"A fresh and funny twist on Snow White from the author of Cindy Ella and Geek Charming! Simone never saw herself as the 'cute girl'--she was always the chunky smartmouth. But after a year of avoiding her wicked almost-stepmonster through Zumba class, Simone's now sporting a whole new retro style. And people keep acting oddly. One thing: her stepmonster seems to be trying to accidentally kill her, or at least fatten her back up. And so when Simone's brother offers to let her move in with him and his six roommates for the summer, Simone jumps at the chance for some normalcy. Only living with seven very different college boys isn't exactly going to help her land her very own happily ever after."--Publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,845,938 books! | Top bar: Always visible