Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of…

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (edition 2012)

by Benjamin Alire Saenz

465None22,170 (4.38)11
Member:EuronerdLibrarian
Title:Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Authors:Benjamin Alire Saenz
Info:Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (2012), Hardcover, 368 pages
Collections:Teens
Tags:texas, homosexuality, lgbtq, mexicans, mexican americans, violence, relationships, identity, family, meditative, thoughtful, 1980s, love, realistic, gr9, gr10, gr11, gr12

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Recently added bykarand, private library, jeriahsharin, AprilAnn0814, iuglbtlibrary, Johanna_Talbott, kacimari
1980s (16) 2013 (20) boys (13) coming of age (30) coming out (9) El Paso (11) family (29) fiction (35) friendship (47) gay (19) glbt (10) historical fiction (7) homosexuality (23) identity (10) Latino (11) lgbt (23) LGBTQ (33) love (20) Mexican American (10) Mexican Americans (20) Printz (8) Printz Honor (12) realistic fiction (17) relationships (11) teen (17) Texas (20) to-read (48) YA (50) young adult (35) young adult fiction (10)

Aristotale and Danta Discover the Secrets of the Universe is a very beautiful heart warming and coming of age book for me. I never read a lot of coming of age books but I heard and seen nothing but great and amazing reviews about this book and Ohh my I am so glad and happy that I grab it at the library as soon as I saw it I had to get my hands on it! I read it in just two days it was unputdownable yes it was that amazing for me. I just had to read more about Ari and Danta two loners who become best friends when the first met at the pool during the summer time of 87 and they both were struggling in there life as they both were growing into young men. It broke my heart and I felt there pain when they were struggling to learn and understand more about them self and each other it was an amazing plot and the world building about Danta and Ari friendship growing and about there life it was very beautiful and very enjoyable to read! It has an amazing plot, world building and great characters building that Mr Benjamin Alire Saenz created I just love it all! I especially love Mr Alire Saenz beautiful lyrical poetry writing style I never read anything like it before and the ending was pure perfect! I highly recommend this amazingly beautiful book to all my family and friends! Well Until Next Time My Friends! ( )
  Katiria_Rodriguez | Mar 18, 2014 |
It was beautiful. ( )
  Auchick22 | Mar 15, 2014 |
It takes a lot for me to feel such triumph, hope, and happiness at the end of the book, but this one did. I immediately wanted to review this after finishing it. Full review here: http://tahleenreads.blogspot.com/2013/03/book-review-aristotle-and-dante.html ( )
  Tahleen | Feb 16, 2014 |
slow lyrical book about two boys friendship over several years. deals with coming of age, lgbtq issues, kissing (no sex), alcohol, drugs, rebellion, prison etc. They are Americans with a Mexican heritage also trying to figure out that part of their lives as well. Worth it for the mature reader. It got 4 awards, Stonewall, YALSA, Pura Belpre, and Printz. The audiobook version was fantastic. ( )
  GR8inD8N | Feb 8, 2014 |
Isolated, angry, and friendless Aristotle meets Dante forming a friendship that will help Aristotle comes to terms with himself and his sexuality. ( )
  marcheisler | Jan 29, 2014 |

A lyrical novel about family and friendship from critically acclaimed author Benjamin Alire Sáenz.

Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be. [Simon&Schuster]

Fifteen-year-old Ari Mendoza is an angry loner with a brother in prison, but when he meets Dante and they become friends, Ari starts to ask questions about himself, his parents, and his family that he has never asked before.

4 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,010 books! | Top bar: Always visible