Heaven and Hell

by Kristen Ashley

"After making a bad decision when she was very young, Kia Clementine finds herself in hell. Then, suddenly, within the time it takes for a shotgun to blast, her hell changes. Completely. Then out-of-the-blue she sees Sampson Cooper, her celebrity crush. A man the whole world knows is decent. A man the world knows is loyal. A man the world knows is good. All of these very unlike her now dead husband. He's sitting at a table right next to hers. And she catches his eye. Terrified of the interest Sam shows in her, Kia finds the courage to go out with him. Not long after, she shares her dark secrets and Sam shares that he'll stop at nothing to gain her trust. As Sam leads Kia to heaven, Kia realizes that Sam is living his own hell. But although he gives her beauty and she gives him everything, he withholds his trust. Even with all the beauty Sam shows her, Kia wants it all. But Sam forces Kia to make a heartbreaking decision and only she can decide. It's all or nothing."--… (more)

I found this book odd.
I just couldn't get in to it.
I gave it three starts as it's KA and she can write but I know others who loved it but it just didn't connect with me. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
This made me cry and to me that's a sign of a book that really hits the spot.

In a way I suppose it was a fairly 'standard' story of a woman who's had a shocking first marriage who finds someone marvellous for her second relationship. The relationship doesn't go completely smoothly but it ends up with a HEA.

Put like that it doesn't sound that spectacular but I think it's most definitely worth the read and I'm pretty certain I'll be revisiting it.

Damiella | Aug 18, 2020 |
Listened to audo narrated really well by Felicity Monroe. Kia was in an abusive marriage until her husband was caught cheating and got his head blown off, leaving Kia with a very large insurance settlement. Her deceased husband took out an insurance policy on her and him in order to kill her and get a large cash payout. Kia has crushed on Sam for years and runs into him while vacationing in Europe. She's shy and has flashbacks but Sam is determined to have her and teach her to be fearless. There is a good chunk of the story where Sam keeps Kia at a distance and she knows it and keeps taking his crap, it was very frustrating to read and it drove me nuts listening to her take it. Enjoyed the epilogue, knowing how their future played out.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
I have no words.... It spoke to my heart. Thank you ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
OMG, I could not put this book down! It is very long, but keeps you with it the whole story. I loved both main characters and the different settings in the book. The storyline was constantly moving forward at a believe pace. ( )
  TerriBowles | Jun 26, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

He’s sitting at a table right next to hers. And she catches his eye.

Terrified of the interest Sam shows in her, Kia finds the courage to go out with him. Not long after, she shares her dark secrets and Sam shares that he’ll stop at nothing to gain her trust.

Even with all the beauty Sam shows her, Kia wants it all. But Sam forces Kia to make a heartbreaking decision and only she can decide. It’s all or nothing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,741,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible