The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) by…

The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) (edition 2012)

by James Dashner

Member:lindawwilson
Title:The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Rating:**

The Kill Order by James Dashner

Just don't. Not really a prequel. ( )
  Tigerlily12 | Jul 9, 2014 |
The main character, Mark, lives in a post-solar-flare world where ice caps thawed into the oceans, land shrank due to the water of the oceans, and people started new beginnings. As the government is no more, a secret government attempts to kill off some of the people as the earth is still overpopulated. Things took a turn for the worse when the supposed quick and painless virus began to live longer inside of the human brain, forcing people with the disease to suffer until they died. As Mark and his group of friends investigate who and what has caused this, they begin to long for hope for a cure. I recommend this generally to all teenagers. It is good to read about friendship and creativity. This book would also be good for adults that enjoy adventure or trivial fiction. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 21, 2014 |
Although this is listed as a prequel to the Maze Runner series, it does not have any of the characters from Maze Runner except the last 3 pages - which is really unnecessary. The first 2/3 of the book is well developed & descriptive. Unfortunately the end of the book seems rushed & the author in a hurry to wrap things up with a simplistic ending thats anticlimactic at best. But after reading the whole series, I should have realized that as Dashner's weakness. He did the samething in book #3 of the trilogy. ( )
  CMBlaker | May 6, 2014 |
Mark struggles with Trina and Alec to make sense of and survive in this virus filled world after solar flares. More a book for boys than girls but a good read for anyone. Friendship, doing the right thing, and making life count made this book more interesting than one would think given the crumbling civilization. A good prequel to the Maze Runner as it is different enough to be a totally different book and not just another in the series. ( )
1 vote SparklePonies | Apr 11, 2014 |
I suppose it was somewhat refreshing to continue, or should I say start, the story line but with different characters. Intriguing to say the least.

I will admit, I never really thought about the effect the solar flares would have on the world before W.I.C.K.E.D and how the virus came to be - it was refreshing to get an insight into Dashner's mind and world.

Although, this being said, not as shocking nor as brilliant as the first one. ( )
  LaurenKathryn | Mar 31, 2014 |

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kathy Egan. I really miss you.
Prologue: Teresa looked at her best friend and wondered what it would be like to forget him.
Chapter 1: Mark shivered with cold, something he hadn't done in a long time.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385742886, Hardcover)

A Letter from James Dashner: Top Ten Things I’d Want During the Apocalypse
10. Very, very strong sunglasses.

9. Lots of plastic to wrap around my house.

8. A stranger taken in who happens to be the smartest, ablest doctor in a thousand years.

7. A server containing every show that’s ever been on HBO and a nice entertainment system on which to watch it all.

6. An e-reader loaded with 5,000 books.

5. A generator and a gas refinery next door to provide fuel so I can watch all those shows and charge my e-reader.

4. Deodorant that smells like a rotting dead body so zombies think I’m just one of them.

3. Lifetime supplies in my basement of the following: hot dogs, Almond Joys, potato chips, and Mountain Dew.

2. A cloaking device to hide my house from the tyrannical, evil, bloodthirsty government that will inevitably spring up.

1. Oh, and my wife and kids.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:28 -0400)

"Mark struggles to make sense of his new, post-disaster world in this prequel to The Maze Runner"--

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

220 wanted2 pay3 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,645,654 books! | Top bar: Always visible