The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) by…

The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel) (edition 2012)

by James Dashner

Title:The Kill Order (Maze Runner Prequel)
Authors:James Dashner
Info:Delacorte Books for Young Readers (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages

The Kill Order by James Dashner

English (53)  Spanish (1)  All languages (54)
This is supposed to be a prequel to the Maze Runner series, which explains what happened during the initial flare, and I was really looking forward to more revelations. It was difficult to get into, as I tried to place exactly how 'pre' we were, so yeah, kinda confusing. I liked the characters of Mark and Alec, particularly Alec. They survived a lot less whinily than our friend Thomas. A quick read and pretty interesting if you've read the rest of the series. ( )
  EmScape | Oct 10, 2016 |
While I didn't think I would really enjoy this book without the characters I had come to know in the Maze Runner series, I gave it a shot anyway. Truthfully, other than the fact that it was written in the same style and used some of the same futuristic terminology, it really felt like reading an entirely different book/series within the same genre. If it hadn't ended the way it did, I'd have expected it to begin a separate series of its own. I enjoyed this one as much as the "later" books in the series, and I'm glad I decided to read it. The characters were as likable and relatable as the Maze Runner characters, though not as diverse. I also enjoyed learning more about the immediate aftermath of the sun flares, as well as the story of how the "Flare" actually began. ( )
  ItEntertainsMe | Oct 4, 2016 |
This prequel to the Maze Runner trilogy is a completely separate story from the early days of the Flare. Unfortunately it's nothing more than a simple survival story with twodimensional characters and a bit predictable storyline. ( )
  TheCrow2 | Aug 31, 2016 |
This is a quick read but with the Winter Olympics going on, it took me a little longer. This is the story of what happened when the sun flares hit earth and the virus was released and the Maze Runners happened. I think this book could stand on it's own. I also wonder if it could have been handled as flashbacks or something during the trilogy, I think it would have worked. But it was nice to see the beginning of when it all happened. I'm still trying to figure out who DeeDee is in the trilogy or if she is even in the trilogy. But over all a good book. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
I had read the Maze Runner series a while back, but had never gotten to this book because I hadn't thought that a prequel would be as enjoyable as the main series.

Honestly, I do feel that my prediction was right. I flew through this book - I'm not sure why but it didn't draw me in the way The Maze Runner did.

Could live with or without it. ( )
  CatherineHsu | Jun 8, 2016 |
The Death Cure by. James Dashner/The maze runner series
Great book,Keeps you on your heels
Thomas,Minho,Teresa,Newt, Frypan and of of group B has just gotten to
the safe haven in the Scorch trials which transported him back to WICKED
headquarters now the goal is to get out of it . When they do they go to
Denver.In Denver they are searching for the Right Arm. Some people who
are immune to the flare.
Once they found them they had then made a plan to destroy the
WICKED headquarters.Once in the headquarters building they are sent
back to the maze to get 200 more immunes that WICKED had hidden.Can
they make it? Read to find out.
Don’t Miss this book it is one of the best books i’ve ever
read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I feel that you should be at least 11 to read this book.
added by sophia.vanwyk | editNone

James Dashnerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Deakins, MarkNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Kathy Egan. I really miss you.
Prologue: Teresa looked at her best friend and wondered what it would be like to forget him.
Chapter 1: Mark shivered with cold, something he hadn't done in a long time.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385742886, Hardcover)

A Letter from James Dashner: Top Ten Things I’d Want During the Apocalypse
10. Very, very strong sunglasses.

9. Lots of plastic to wrap around my house.

8. A stranger taken in who happens to be the smartest, ablest doctor in a thousand years.

7. A server containing every show that’s ever been on HBO and a nice entertainment system on which to watch it all.

6. An e-reader loaded with 5,000 books.

5. A generator and a gas refinery next door to provide fuel so I can watch all those shows and charge my e-reader.

4. Deodorant that smells like a rotting dead body so zombies think I’m just one of them.

3. Lifetime supplies in my basement of the following: hot dogs, Almond Joys, potato chips, and Mountain Dew.

2. A cloaking device to hide my house from the tyrannical, evil, bloodthirsty government that will inevitably spring up.

1. Oh, and my wife and kids.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:01:20 -0400)

"Mark struggles to make sense of his new, post-disaster world in this prequel to The Maze Runner"--

James Dashner is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,747,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible