The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel) by…

The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel) (edition 2012)

by Michael Connelly

Member:Romis78
Title:The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel)
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: Lrg, Hardcover, 560 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:mystery

The Black Box by Michael Connelly

English (49)  Dutch (1)  All languages (50)
Unfortunately this was my least favorite of the Harry Bosch series. I will say the audio with the reader Michael McDonnohie was very blah and not as good as his other performers of the Bosch series, so was disappointed when I saw the narrator, but gave it a shot.

I like the reference with his daughter and her personality and his love of jazz music, and his tenacity, but again the reader was not exciting at all. As usual Bosch is involved in the unsolved cold cases from 1992 and now in present day he is focused on bringing in the killers---with its normal political bureaucracy.

I have read all the series, but sadly, this was my least favorite and did not live up to the standards of the older novels.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
This was a slow read for me because I don't really read this genre. I was suprised how much I got into it once the story really got going. I never felt lost while reading and Mr. Connelly does an excellent job seemlessly weaving back details with the current story.

I think the plot went well, I started to get a niggling feeling about the bad guy and predicted it as it turned out but that was part of the fun of reading it.

I read this book for the Sony VIP program discussion with Michael Connelly and I am happy I did. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Excellent. I love the Harry Bosch series! ( )
  CedsWife | Nov 17, 2014 |
Harry Bosch at his best, in deep doo-doo with his quirky boss(es) and getting results. There's a little international flare, the victim is European, but this 20 year old unsolved murder is all California based. I listened with interest and completed it in a couple of days. Meanwhile, Harry tries to raise his daughter; I wonder if Harry will get another wife? ( )
  buffalogr | Sep 28, 2014 |
this one felt all over the place. O'Fool. Shawn Stone. Anneke, the 1992 riots.
I felt it needed to be longer to really tie these things all together. Especially the incredibly rushed ending. I love that as we're possibly nearing the end of the series and Bosch's tie on the Force, I'm glad he got resolution for one of his personal Open/Unsolveds. ( )
  skinglist | Sep 19, 2014 |

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved. Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the 'black box,' the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.… (more)

516 wanted4 pay12 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,380,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible