The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel) by…

The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel) (edition 2012)

by Michael Connelly

Member:Romis78
Title:The Black Box (A Harry Bosch Novel)
Authors:Michael Connelly
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2012), Edition: Lrg, Hardcover, 560 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Tags:mystery

The Black Box by Michael Connelly

Recently added by5507675, JudithDCollins

English (48)  Dutch (1)  All languages (49)
This was a slow read for me because I don't really read this genre. I was suprised how much I got into it once the story really got going. I never felt lost while reading and Mr. Connelly does an excellent job seemlessly weaving back details with the current story.

I think the plot went well, I started to get a niggling feeling about the bad guy and predicted it as it turned out but that was part of the fun of reading it.

I read this book for the Sony VIP program discussion with Michael Connelly and I am happy I did. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Excellent. I love the Harry Bosch series! ( )
  CedsWife | Nov 17, 2014 |
Harry Bosch at his best, in deep doo-doo with his quirky boss(es) and getting results. There's a little international flare, the victim is European, but this 20 year old unsolved murder is all California based. I listened with interest and completed it in a couple of days. Meanwhile, Harry tries to raise his daughter; I wonder if Harry will get another wife? ( )
  buffalogr | Sep 28, 2014 |
this one felt all over the place. O'Fool. Shawn Stone. Anneke, the 1992 riots.
I felt it needed to be longer to really tie these things all together. Especially the incredibly rushed ending. I love that as we're possibly nearing the end of the series and Bosch's tie on the Force, I'm glad he got resolution for one of his personal Open/Unsolveds. ( )
  skinglist | Sep 19, 2014 |
Harry Bosch is working a niggling cold-case from two decades past. As the story unfolds, we find him in hot water with his superiors once more, as he takes on the case as a personal mission. We are drawn through portions of the Iraq war, to Germany, to New York, and - finally - to the California/Rodney King judgment riots.

We follow along as he uncovers an unexpected, secondary crime, that involves several individuals - some of whom have become far more influential in the past two decades.

The Good: It's a Bosch book. And I can't get enough of those. When Connelly is passionate about something, it shows through in those sections of the book.

The Bad: Those sections seem too few and far between in this work, linked by moments and pages that just feel dashed off. I think that, perhaps, Mr. Connelly might have been be spread a bit too thin on deadlines (or some such thing) to give this work the time it needed to be something great.

The Overall: The plot line is unique for one of his works. Unfortunately, it's also a bit more transparent (to a degree) than of his others. It was a decent read, but nothing to rave about. I missed the craftsmanship in this work that I have come to know - and love - Connelly to be capable of. ( )
  HeathDAlberts | Sep 14, 2014 |

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved. Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the 'black box,' the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.… (more)

516 wanted4 pay12 pay

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,054,306 books! | Top bar: Always visible