The Black Box by Michael Connelly

The Black Box (edition 2012)

by Michael Connelly, Len Cariou (Narrator)

1,205586,646 (3.95)35
Title:The Black Box
Authors:Michael Connelly
Other authors:Len Cariou (Narrator)
Info:Hachette Audio (2012), Preloaded Digital Audio Player

The Black Box by Michael Connelly

English (52)  Dutch (1)  All languages (53)
This was a slow read for me because I don't really read this genre. I was suprised how much I got into it once the story really got going. I never felt lost while reading and Mr. Connelly does an excellent job seemlessly weaving back details with the current story.

I think the plot went well, I started to get a niggling feeling about the bad guy and predicted it as it turned out but that was part of the fun of reading it.

I read this book for the Sony VIP program discussion with Michael Connelly and I am happy I did. It's good to get out of your comfort zone. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
In 1992, as riots swept Los Angeles, Danish journalist Anneke Jespersen was murdered execution-style. The weapon was a 9mm pistol. But what was "Snow White" doing in the 'hood? Harry Bosch never found an answer. Now, the 20th anniversary of the riots approaches, and the chief of police aims to pre'empt media scrutiny by reopening cold cases. And the Jespersen case has suddenly become red hot: A bullet found at a recent murder scene was fired by the same 9mm Beretta. ( )
  jepeters333 | Aug 15, 2015 |
Harry Bosch is one of my favorite characters. I inhabit his space whenever I read one of his books. I feel his pain and anxiety and I experience his adrenaline rush when the case starts to come together. Plus Michael Connelly is a masterful storyteller. ( )
  Clifford.Terry | Apr 30, 2015 |
Just barely four stars. It's Bosch for the most part, but the ending didn't feel right. ( )
  kenzen | Feb 23, 2015 |
Unfortunately this was my least favorite of the Harry Bosch series. I will say the audio with the reader Michael McDonnohie was very blah and not as good as his other performers of the Bosch series, so was disappointed when I saw the narrator, but gave it a shot.

I like the reference with his daughter and her personality and his love of jazz music, and his tenacity, but again the reader was not exciting at all. As usual Bosch is involved in the unsolved cold cases from 1992 and now in present day he is focused on bringing in the killers---with its normal political bureaucracy.

I have read all the series, but sadly, this was my least favorite and did not live up to the standards of the older novels.
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |

In a case that spans 20 years, Harry Bosch links the bullet from a recent crime to a file from 1992, the killing of a young female photographer during the L.A. riots. Harry originally investigated the murder, but it was then handed off to the Riot Crimes Task Force and never solved. Now Bosch's ballistics match indicates that her death was not random violence, but something more personal, and connected to a deeper intrigue. Like an investigator combing through the wreckage after a plane crash, Bosch searches for the 'black box,' the one piece of evidence that will pull the case together.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,887,874 books! | Top bar: Always visible