Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas

Secrets of a Summer Night

by Lisa Kleypas

1,288446,082 (3.83)1 / 68
Recently added byarena35, private library, beatlemoon, LaMala, rocalisa, rena200, AubreyGross, infjsarah

Ughhh , otro heroe de Kleypas que ,curiosamente , es una copia fiel de Rhett Butler .

Incluso después del matrimonio entre la pareja principal , todas las escenas en la luna de miel están copiadas del libro de Margaret Mitchel .

Estoy acostumbrada a que lo haga e igual leo sus romances de época pero este fue el colmo de los "parecidos" . No me pude concentrar , la trama se me hacia ridícula y ¡tan obvio de donde salían las frases y las acciones de los personajes! ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This was mentioned on BookRiot as a top example of historical romance. I quite enjoyed it but I didn't find it particularly outstanding. I liked the characters but it was just OK. ( )
  infjsarah | May 24, 2015 |
Annabelle Peyton, Simon Hunt

Once Simon got over being a jackass I quite liked him. He treated Annabelle very well but I am deducting from my total review points for the whole "she's good enough to be a mistress but not a wife" thing. 3.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
This is the first book of the Wallflowers series!! A wonderful start!! I love this authors writing and humor. I adore this series and everything about it!! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
As a Kleypas virgin, I had to know what all the fuss was about. I've not read much historical romance so I didn't know what I was getting myself into but I'm very glad I picked this up. I understand now why this author has so many devoted fans.

Four young single ladies come together to help each other find husbands. They decide as a group that Annabelle as the oldest should be the first to be married off.

Simon Hunt as a predator determined to snag his prey (Annabelle) was excellent. I loved the way he looked at his competition, the supposedly superior upper classes who disgusted both me and him when they purposely snubbed the gorgeous and unattached Annabelle so she'd be so desperate when she couldn't find someone decent to marry her she'd be forced to become some dishonourable (and possibly married) man's mistress. When Simon learned she'd most likely go to the highest bidder, I could actually imagine his feral grin as he realised he was the richest man in England and therefore most likely to get her.

Despite being looked down upon for growing up working class and being of "new" money, Simon was a better man for knowing the value of hard work and money earned, as well as a woman with a brain. I was very pleased when he taught Annabelle how to play chess and encouraging her to be interested in his work.

This was a heart-warming and funny story. I will most definitely be reading more from this author. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
To Julie Murphy,
for taking care of Griffin and Lindsay
with such love, endless patience and skill...
for lending your many talents to the business side of my career...
for being a cherished member of our family...
And most of all, for being you.

Love always,
L.K.
London, 1841
Although Annabelle Peyton had been warned all her life never to take money from strangers, she made an exception one day...and quickly discovered why she should have heeded her mother's advice.
"Somehow I've never thought of husband-hunting as a team sport."

page 27

Four young ladies enter London society with one common goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband. So a daring husband-hunting scheme is born.

1841. Annabelle Peyton, determined to save her family from disaster, decides to use her beauty and wit to tempt a suitable nobleman into making an offer of marriage. But Annabelle's most intriguing -- and persistent -- admirer, wealthy, powerful Simon Hunt, has made it clear that while he will introduce her to irresistible pleasure he will not offer marriage. Annabelle is determined to resist his unthinkable proposition ... but it is impossible in the face of such skillful seduction.

Her friends, looking to help, conspire to entice a more suitable gentleman to offer for Annabelle, for only then will she be safe from Simon -- and her own longings. But on one summer night, Annabelle succumbs to Simon's passionate embrace and tempting kisses ... and she discovers that love is the most dangerous game of all.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060091290, Mass Market Paperback)

Four young ladies enter London society with one common goal: they must use their feminine wit and wiles to find a husband.So a daring husband-hunting scheme is born.

Annabelle Peyton, determined to save her family from disaster, decides to use her beauty and wit to tempt a suitable nobleman into making an offer of marriage. But Annabelle's most intriguing—and persistent—admirer, wealthy, powerful Simon Hunt, has made it clear that while he will introduce her to irresistible pleasure he will not offer marriage. Annabelle is determined to resist his unthinkable proposition . . . but it is impossible in the face of such skillful seduction.

Her friends, looking to help, conspire to entice a more suitable gentleman to offer for Annabelle, for only then will she be safe from Simon—and her own longings. But on one summer night, Annabelle succumbs to Simon's passionate embrace and tempting kisses . . . and she discovers that love is the most dangerous game of all.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:29 -0400)

Desperate to save her family from ruin, Annabelle Peyton plans to use her beauty and wit to marry a wealthy aristocrat, but her plans are undermined by the intriguing Simon Hunt, who offers seduction but not marriage.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,904,915 books! | Top bar: Always visible