Hello! Good-Bye! by Aliki

Hello! Good-Bye! (edition 1996)

by Aliki, Aliki (Illustrator)

Member:amartin2787
Title:Hello! Good-Bye!
Authors:Aliki
Other authors:Aliki (Illustrator)
Info:Greenwillow Books (1996), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:nonfiction, informational picture storybook, 300s, 32p, K-3

Hello! Good-Bye! by Aliki

This book was more complex than I thought it was going to be. It tells readers how often hello and good-bye is used and when we use it. It tells the different forms of the world hello, i.e., as an introduction, a welcome, a greeting. It shows different ways to say hello, like greetings and howdy. Its mentions a few nonverbal ways to signal hello. Theres mention of what hello and goodbye look like in other languages. It even shows some ways hello and good-bye look and sound the same. The entire book seemed like a giant synonym, vocabulary-like book. It's a good way to introduce other ways to say every day things to increase a child's vocabulary. ( )
  CharleneMartin | Jan 24, 2017 |
I actually read this book to my younger children at home and I notice how it caught there attention quick they actually wanted to read it along so this definitely a great way to help younger children learn how to communicate quick to one another age group 2-5 ( )
  Shayla1 | Nov 30, 2016 |
Hello Goodbye is a book about everyday ways we say hello and goodbye whether its a short time or a long time
  DanaSingleton | Nov 23, 2013 |
source pierce collage
  people65 | Nov 11, 2013 |
A lovely way to teach children how important it is to say hello and goodbye! The book outlines many ways to say hello and goodbye. With words, without words, with gestures, and in different languages. ( )
  rrossi1 | Oct 24, 2013 |

Hello. Good-bye.
Every day we use these words.
In one way or another we say
them again and again.
We say "hello" when we meet.
We say "good-bye" when we part.
They are a beginning and an end.

Who but the incomparable Aliki would be able to take these two simple words and show us that they are filled with possibilities. There are many different kinds of hellos -- and just as many good-byes. And each can be filled with excitement and surprise. Start reading-and say hello to fun!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:16 -0400)

Describes some of the many ways, both verbal and nonverbal, that people say hello and good-bye.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,460,307 books! | Top bar: Always visible