Lost by Paul Brett Johnson
894135,585 (4)None
131 (1) adventure (2) animals (1) Box 10 (1) Box 23 (1) daughter (1) desert (4) dog (1) dogs (1) ebook (1) family (1) father (1) fiction (2) found (1) girl (2) L (2) lost (1) lost pet (2) non-fiction (1) pets (1) picture (2) picture book (8) picture book hc (1) primary (1) realistic fiction (5) science fiction (2) searching (1) to-read (1) untagged (1) voice (1)

This is a great book to use with younger readers. It does not have many words, however the pictures are amazing and give you more information than the text does. It is also a very relatable story, even for our young readers.
  MicahGrizzle | Oct 16, 2016 |
I've read this twice, and I think it's because I love the illustrations so much. A child has lost her dog in the desert. As the story is told on the right about the child's attempts to find the dog over the course of a month, very realistic by the way, on the left page we see what is actually happening to the dog. Sometimes it's quite sad. I don't really know the point of the story (and it doesn't have to have one, certainly), but I don't even know to whom I'd recommend it. I guess it's like the movie "Homeward Bound." ( )
  engpunk77 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Lost
Military secrets, corruption, greed, international intrigue; tenderness, human frailty, devotion, and loyalty. All of these describe Lost by E.G. Lewis. A wide and varied cast of characters are intricately woven together in this very satisfying mystery that is a follow up to Promises. However, Lost totally stands on its own two feet, and although some characters from the first book make an appearance, it is not necessary to read book one in order to enjoy book two. The main character from Promises, Claudia Monet, has an important role to play, but the primary character by far is a loveable, albeit crusty, newspaper man named Tom Jenkins. He’s a semi-retired Vietnam war vet, living in a small Oregon town. When his wife goes missing while on board a cruise ship bound for Alaska, Tom begins to investigate the ship’s strange disappearance, and thus the roller coaster ride of conspiracy begins.
There are a lot of really interesting elements to this book. Snatches of Sc-fi co-exist quite naturally with the breathtaking descriptions of the Oregon scenery, while touching glimpses into the emotional make up of the characters flow seamlessly into scenes of high intensity action. It’s a mystery, romance, action, thriller rolled into one. Implausible though the premise of the story might be, it still comes across as very believable, due in part to the well developed characters and obvious research that went into many aspects of the book. I highly recommend this book to readers looking for a great mystery. ( )
  Tracykrauss | Jan 8, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Oct 10, 2011 |

Because she never gives up hope that her beagle, lost in the desert, will be found, the young girl keeps something special in her pocket for her dog.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,457,129 books! | Top bar: Always visible