Where We Belong

by Emily Giffin

Her carefully constructed life thrown into turmoil by the appearance of an eighteen-year-old girl with ties to her past, New York television producer Marian Caldwell is swept up in a maelstrom of personal discovery that changes both of their perceptions about family.

I really liked this book. Marian is an eighteen year old that finds herself pregnant but does not tell her boyfriend and instead breaks up with him. She gives the baby up for adoption. Fast forward eighteen years and her baby, Kirby has found her through the adoption files. This is really a straightforward book about relationships and what can go wrong and what can go right. I really liked this book and almost couldn't put it down! ( )
  LilQuebe | Sep 1, 2020 |
I read this book and listened to another, on audio, at the same time. They had so many similarities that they've blurred together in my mind. Thank goodness I liked them both! ( )
  bookczuk | Aug 2, 2019 |
This is my new favorite Emily Giffin novel. It is perfection. I loved every single page! ( )
  tntbeckyford | Feb 16, 2019 |
I picked this up as a quick summer read, and that is what it was. It wasn't very inspiring and bothered me for a few reasons. I didn't think the characters were well developed and somewhat stereotypical, especially Marian and her wealthy family. I could have pulled that family with all of their issues out of many books that feature rich families. Kirby's family were fine, but again, stereotypically middle class. Still, the book kept me engaged, and I found myself wanting to pick it up just to see how it would all end. So, for a good summer read that doesn't require a lot of thought, it fit the bill. ( )
  hobbitprincess | Jul 12, 2018 |
I read this for book club and liked it better than I thought it would. I'd give it about 3.5 stars. There was a lot of depth to the characters and I found myself really drawn into the story. ( )
  Thebrownbookloft | Jun 29, 2018 |
For Nancy LeCroy Mohler, my BFF
I know what they say about secrets.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,586,350 books! | Top bar: Always visible