Deep in the Jungle by Dan Yaccarino

Deep in the Jungle

by Dan Yaccarino

A Bossy lion in the jungle is brought into the city to be in a circus act. He doesn't like be bossed around by the ringleader, so he eats him. The lion returns to the jungle and finds another ringleader taking off the other animals to be in a circus. He saves the animals by eating that ringleader also.
  CECC9 | Apr 26, 2019 |
I found this book to be entertaining. I liked the life lesson of being too prideful and bossy. I also like how the lion realized he was wrong and apologized. I like the simplistic style of the author Yaccarino. In each of the books I've read by him there is a pleasant story line and the illustrations are in-sink with the text. ( )
  AubrieSmith | Mar 9, 2017 |
I liked this book for a few different reasons. The first reason is due to the plot. The book was about a lion, the king of the jungle, who bossed all of the other animals around. He bossed them around until one day, he met a man in the jungle who wanted to make him famous. The lion realized that fame was not what he wanted, and he went back to the jungle, he saved his friends from joining the circus, and he lived happily in the jungle not bossing his friends around ever again. "Here I am doing all the work, thought the lion, and he's getting all the applause! Night after night this went on. And night after night the lion grew more and more tired of obeying.." Here you can see how the lion came to realize that fame (being bossed around) was not a fun job. The second reason I liked this book was because of the engaging writing. The writing used clever sayings, grabbing the readers attention, "The lion made up his mind. He had a bellyful of show business, and he was going home." Here you can see the clever wording of the lion eating the circus man. Lastly, I enjoyed the illustrations throughout the book. The illustrations were cartoonish, and fit the written text very well. I feel that they provided the reader with a great sense of the story, a sense of comedy that the text alone could not portray. All in all I feel that the 'big idea' of this story is to remember, not to take the things that you have for granted. At times, what you have may not seem to be enough, however you will quickly realize, you have it better off than many others. ( )
  madigischel | Nov 22, 2016 |
Deep in the jungle is about a man and a lion. The man goes into the jungle to find animals and finds a lion to take back to his show with him.
  jess_shalee | May 3, 2014 |
Internet UPC Database
  ritubohara | Apr 8, 2013 |

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0689855176, Paperback)

The mighty lion is king of the jungle--or bully of the jungle, depending on who's telling the story. He demands that the monkeys fan him with giant leaves, the leopards bring him food, and the elephants provide him shade. The animals can't stand him one bit.

One day, a smooth-talking city fellow is roaming through the jungle when the lion leaps on him and exclaims, "I am the king of this jungle! Now prepare to be eaten!" ("Rrrrroar!" he added.) As it turns out, the slick, plaid-jacketed man appreciates a good gut-splitting roar when he hears one. When he tells the lion that he can make him a big star, the self-important feline is only too pleased to come along with him. (And his harassed jungle companions are only too pleased to be rid of him.) But life in the big city is not all it's cracked it up to be. The lion finds himself in degrading circumstances, being forced to respond to a snapping whip in a circus ring. It's time to take matters into his own hands--or teeth, as the case may be.

This hilariously dry tale of comeuppance and redemption will become an immediate favorite with readers from jungle to city and everywhere in between. Dan Yaccarino's cool retro-style gouache paintings also enliven the pages of Circle Dogs, An Octopus Followed Me Home, and If I Had a Robot. (Ages 3 to 8) --Emilie Coulter

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:35 -0400)

After being tricked into joining the circus, an arrogant lion escapes and returns to the jungle where he lives peacefully with the animals he used to terrorize.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,392,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible