Cassandra by Chance by Betty Neels

Cassandra by Chance

by Betty Neels

Possibly my favorite Neels. Cassandra and Benedict have a great chemistry and relationship, and that is why I forgive a lot of sins in this book, there are quite a few plot threads that are silly and don't go anywhere (and in the case of Jan, may actually contradict themselves). I am very forgiving of a book that makes many mistakes provided that you are so invested or enthralled in the story that you don't notice the mistakes until long afterward.

The only thing that does bother me is that Cassandra and Benedict are so perfect for each other, so clearly flirting and attracted to each other, that I find it hard to believe that they don't realize it. Betty Neel's usual conceits of "he can't love me! he must love that glamorous lady he's friends with" ring so very false in this book. The teasing, loving, stealing kisses relationship feels very real that I am annoyed that they cannot feel it too. ( )
  LarsTheLibrarian | Mar 10, 2010 |

Benedict van Manfeld was one of the surliest, most unfriendly men Cassandra Darling had ever met! But when she learned he was a brilliant Dutch surgeon who had severely damaged his sight in an accident, her attitude changed. Benedict asked Cassandra to go to Holland with him as his nurse. She agreed…and soon began to feel something deeper than sympathy for him. But with his close friend Paula nearby, why should he even notice Cassandra?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373811349, Mass Market Paperback)

He needed her as a nurse, not a woman

Benedict van Manfeld was one of the surliest, most unfriendly men Cassandra had ever met! But when she learned he was a brilliant Dutch surgeon who had severely damaged his sight in an accident, her attitude changed. Benedict asked Cassandra to go to Holland with him as his nurse. She agreed . . . and soon began to feel something deeper than sympathy for him. But with his close friend Paula nearby, why should he even notice Cassandra?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,759,819 books! | Top bar: Always visible