Kidnap: The Story of the Lindbergh Case by…

Kidnap: The Story of the Lindbergh Case (1961)

by George Waller

I remember the night that Bruno Hauptmann was executedI was s even years old and the news came over the radio. I think my family was saddened that he was executed. I think this is the first book I read on the case, and I was utterly caught up by the account. I have since read other books on the case and I have a great skepticism that Hauptmann should have been executed. ( )
  Schmerguls | Jun 19, 2013 |
Tuesday, March 1, 1932, was cold and windy, with a clinging dampness.

Excerpt from the dust jacket: "A few minutes after nine o'clock on the night of March 1, 1932, Charles Augustus Lindbergh, Jr., the twenty-month-old son of Charles and Anne Lindbergh, was stolen from his crib in his parent's new home near the village of Hopewell, New Jersey. Thus began the crime of the century - perhaps the most fascinating mystery of our time and one which few people know about in all its drama and suspense, detection, intrigue, and family tragedy.

Kidnap tells the whole story for the first time. During the twenty-five years following the Lindbergh kidnaping, George Waller unearthed the buried details of the crime, the capture, the trial, the appeal; and his account races with the color and pace of fiction - yet everything re-created in Kidnap actually occurred. Stunned by the shocking news, an incredulous nation asked, "Who stole the Lindbergh baby? Why?. "

The events which led to the answers to these questions unfolded over a period of four years, one month, and two days - from the moment the child was stolen to the moment the man convicted of the crime paid with his life.

Those readers who lived through the case will be transported back to the days when each morning's newspaper headlines brought word of a new clue. Those readers who know of the case only at second-hand will now understand why a whole nation was caught up in the Lindbergh tragedy."

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,068,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible