Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur: A First Book of…

Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur: A First Book of Manners

by Judy Sierra

What are the magic words? This book teaches students to be polite and use thier manners. A little girl meets a dinosaur and she experienced ways to be kind even to a dinosaur. This book is a great reminder to kids to be kind no mater what a use your manners. ( )
  jsylve | Dec 12, 2014 |
Since the book discusses using manners, we would focus our reading lesson on our manners as students. We would act out the manners that we believe we should be using in the classroom as well as draw and write them out. This will keep students engaged and I will also prompt them prior to the story so they are focusing in on the book the entire time. ( )
  hollyegirard | Nov 29, 2014 |
This would be a good book for character traits. You can teach the different manners and how showing manners made the characters feel.
  AMaffett | Apr 30, 2014 |
  AyannaMagee | Apr 29, 2014 |
A fun way to introduce little ones to essential manners. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |

A little girl is shopping in a grocery store when—surprise!—she meets a dinosaur. Don't worry. The dinosaur is very friendly. She's polite, too. In this funny story, told in lilting read-aloud rhyme, the girl has numerous opportunities to be helpful to the clumsy shopping dino and demonstrate when to say "thank you," "excuse me," "I'm sorry," "You're welcome," and other niceties of life. Tim Bowers's whimsical illustrations bring an extra dimension of fun to Judy Sierra's hilarious picture book fantasy. Altogether, Suppose You Meet a Dinosaur is an entertaining and painless way to show preschoolers why basic manners are a good thing to have.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:23 -0400)

Illustrates basic polite behavior that one might need to use while grocery shopping at the same time as a dinosaur.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,373,447 books! | Top bar: Always visible