Winter's Orphans by Elaine Corvidae

Winter's Orphans

by Elaine Corvidae

191537,190 (3.9)None

This is not your kids type of faerie book. This book's mythology is based on the old myths of the Fae. They are not nice creatures, but dark, very dark.

I think the dialogue was interesting and smart. I said before that I liked some of the quotes, and one in particular still sticks with me:
"Duncan sighed, 'Our Dreams become smaller and more desperate as we get older. I think. The world strips more from us, until we'd trade anything just to get back what we once had.'"

That quote is something I think most adults can relate too, with opportunities coming and going, doors opening and shutting. Sometimes we wish we could go back in time to when all the opportunities were open to us.

I liked it, and I wish we'd see more books steeped in the older, dark, Irish-style faerie tales. ( )
  lavenderagate | Aug 19, 2011 |

"At the dawn of Niune's Industrial Age, the Seelie Court, a heartless half-human aristocracy that annihilates any glimmer of fae power, holds the kingdom in an iron fist. Ignorant of her own dark birthright, Mina Cole is a factory slave whose gifts cannot be suppressed. In a moment of terror, she betrays her heritage to the hunters, and her only hope for survival lies in the hands of a man crippled in body and soul."--Cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible