My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

My Stubborn Heart (edition 2012)

by Becky Wade

Member:MandaT
Title:My Stubborn Heart
Authors:Becky Wade
Info:Bethany House Publishers (2012), Paperback, 352 pages
Rating:*****

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade

I didn't love this book. It had a little too much God for my taste. ( )
  mlake | Apr 28, 2015 |
A Great Romance!

I really liked this book. I loved the characters of Matt and Kate. Both are struggling in their own way. This is a story of deep hurt and loss, broken relationships, and a loss of faith in God.

Does God put certain people in our path to help our healing from a loss and deep hurt? Does he care about us if we have broken relationships? Can God restore our faith through love, caring, and just being there for another person?

I really bonded with Matt and Kate and was a cheerleader for them. I held my breath when things weren't going the way I wanted them to. I laughed and smiled too with other loveable characters in this book. I will admit toward the end I cried. This book really touched me.

Even though this was the authors debut book I must admit I read her second book, Undeniably Yours, first. Undeniably Yours was also a 5 star book for me. I am so looking forward to this author's next book. ( )
  passionforbooks | Apr 28, 2013 |
Becky Wade released her debut novel My Stubborn Heart this past May and I had the privileged of getting my hands on a copy. This is a fun contemporary romance novel. I usually don't read a novel that is strictly romance, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. Kate Donovan is a great girl who just hasn't succeeded with finding love in a relationship. But when she agrees to take time off of her job to go help her grandmother restore an old house that her grandma grew up it, she meets someone who is as stubborn as she is. Matt Jarreau is quite a catch but isn't looking for love since tragedy has left his heart with scars. You'll have to read the book to find out what happens b/c I'm not spoiling anyone's fun here.
This was such a fun book to read! I would encourage you to pick up a copy and read it for yourself. I'll definitely be looking up her new novel releasing in May 2013 called Undeniably Yours.

** I received this free book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  MandaT | Jan 17, 2013 |
Withering under a load of burn out, Kate Donovan agrees to accompany her grandmother to Pennsylvania and spend a few months restoring the old house that her grandmother grew up in. Matt Jarreau, the handsome man her grandmother hired to renovate the house, is a loner. When Kate's innocent attempts at friendship with him are rebuffed, her stubborn heart refuses to let her stop reaching out. As tension grows between Kate and Matt, so does something else. A love that leads them to a greater revelation of God's love for them. As they both face career decisions and the pain of Matt's past, only a love stronger than themselves will be able to hold them together. Can they accept God's will? Or must they sacrifice their hope and love?

My Stubborn Heart by Becky Wade far exceeded my expectations. From the explanatory, yet intriguing prologue, I was hooked on the story line. I would love to see this book made into a movie. To me, it has has all the great elements: authentic characters complete with flaws and pain, a strong mysterious male, romantic tension between the two main characters, personal tension internal to each character, and redemptive love. Kate essentially sums up the theme of the book during a conversation with Matt: “He [God] never promised us that we wouldn't suffer. But He's too good just not to redeem it. And He does promise us that He won't leave us. That He'll be with us through the worst. That He loves us.” (Page 180) This theme, woven into both the plot and characters, is strong enough to touch the reader's heart. My Stubborn Heart is one of the best books I've read this year and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys romantic fiction. I'll definitely be looking forward to more books by Becky Wade!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Bethany House Publishers as part of their blogger review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising." ( )
  Sneezybee23 | Nov 15, 2012 |
"There once was a girl who'd been praying for a husband since the fourth grade." This opening sentence hinted that this was going to be one charming read. I knew I was in for a treat and I was entranced by the whole story.

Kate Donovan's character was sweet, charming and cute, but wasn't lucky in the husband department. She longed for a home and family, but was really wondering if that wasn't God's plan for her. She was a character I really enjoyed.

Matt Jarreau was a famous hockey player that only wanted to be left alone. He had suffered a terrible tragedy and kept to himself. He didn't socialize and only went to his job and back home - content to be alone. There were times Matt really tugged at my heart.

As these two get stuck together, the struggle to connect/not connect is humorous and touching. I found myself involved in their situation and sometimes I became frustrated then absolutely thrilled at other times. As this story unfolded, I found myself enchanted by the characters and their situations.

If you love heartwarming romances, makes sure to add "My Stubborn Heart" to your must read list. This contemporary Christian romance will leave you feeling warm and satisfied! ( )
  tweezle | Oct 3, 2012 |
Wade creates a charming setting amidst a lively bunch of seniors, making My Stubborn Heart more than just a romance. In scenes of laugh-out-loud humor, home renovation reflects a renovation of hearts. Readers will enjoy getting to know each of the other characters as they root for Kate and Matt to overcome obstacles on their way to love.
added by authorbeckywade | editBooklist, Carolyn Richard

There once was a girl who'd been praying for a husband since the fourth grade.
“He was defeated. Competitive him, who'd spent most of his life perfecting the art of winning. He'd been trounced by a woman. Killed with one look from those hazel eyes.” ― Becky Wade, My Stubborn Heart

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0764209744, Paperback)

A Sensational CBA Debut in Contemporary Romance!  This summer author Becky Wade makes her CBA debut with a fun -- and funny -- contemporary romance.  Amidst the light-hearted banter and laugh-out-loud moments is a compelling spiritual journey of one woman's choice to listen to God and wait on him.  Filled with humor and authentic romance, My Stubborn Heart is shaping up to be the hit of the summer.

Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure. When Kate's grandmother asks Kate to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance.

Yet, she discovers a different kind of project upon meeting the man hired to renovate the house.  Matt Jarreau is attractive and clearly wounded -- hiding from people, from God, and from his past.  Kate can't help but set her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light... whether he likes it or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:56:32 -0400)

"Kate Donovan is burned out on work, worn down by her dating relationships, and in need of an adventure. When her grandmother asks her to accompany her to Redbud, Pennsylvania, to restore the grand old house she grew up in, Kate jumps at the chance. Upon her arrival in Redbud, Kate meets Matt Jarreau, the man hired to renovate the house. Kate can't help being attracted to him, drawn by both his good looks and something else she can't quite put her finger on. He's clearly wounded-hiding from people, from God, and from his past. Yet Kate sets her stubborn heart on bringing him out of the dark and back into the light..whether he likes it or not."--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

Becky Wade is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,260,047 books! | Top bar: Always visible