Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Title:Slammed
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:CreateSpace (2012), Paperback, 312 pages

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (100)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  German (1)  All languages (103)
This book is beautiful in typical Hoover fashion. I love Layken, I love Will. I love Julia, along with Kel, Caulder, and Eddie. Seriously a good book always has good secondary characters and this one definitely does. I love the chemistry between Will and Lake and no matter how hard they try they can't stay away from each other.....So cute. I also love the banter between the two. Lake's personality is seriously a kick ass attitude. I love it.
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Read prior to starting to review books; only left star rating ( )
  SimplyKelina | May 17, 2018 |
Lake and Will's story had me hooked almost from the beginning, and the further along I got, the harder it was for me to put the book down. The story manages to be both believable and almost a sort of fantasy. The emotions in the book are raw, tender, and realistic. I really found myself feeling for the characters and their situations, and certain incidents in the book - such as Eddie's 18th birthday party - left me with goosebumps. Hoover has crafted a wonderful work here, and I can't wait to read more by her! ( )
  Caltania | Apr 26, 2018 |
By no means a bad book, I just didn't like it as much as some of her others so I couldn't rate it as high. ( )
  tamaranewman | Mar 22, 2018 |
Finished it in a few hours, Colleen dear you're a writing master in my point of view. There are no books that make me feel everything this strong like Colleen's books. Love everything that happened and the original ideas that she brings (like Eddie's birthday surprise) and the way she can write about anything (from love to death) in such a beautiful way. I felt like I actually had something to learn from this one. Acceptance and having to enjoy the moment and enjoy life as it is right now. Usually I don't get any lesson from fictional books but this one was special because of these awesome characters that she built. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,491,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible