Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Slammed: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (1)

Member:MsGemini
Title:Slammed: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:read in 2012, Nook

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (79)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (81)
Colleen Hoover has just become one of my new favorite authors! I absolutely loved this book, and that's saying something because I don't tend to read contemporary fiction. I was drawn in from the beginning to this tragic, bitter-sweet story and I loved every single minute. This book is not focused on romance, it is focused on life and on events that occur to people out there. It made me think about my life, appreciate my life and what I have. Yes, there are heartbreaking moments in the book, but the misfortunes are not exaggerated, they are instead accepted and dealt with. I especially loved the solid relationships between the characters from Lake's maternal love of her brother, to her maturity towards her mother, the book just felt so real. This is not the last time I will talk about Colleen Hoover, I'm sure, I look forward to reading more of her books. AHHH I loved it!!!! ( )
  Ericanneri | May 21, 2015 |
Layken "Lake" Cohen
Will Cooper

Julia Cohen (mom), Kel Cohen (Lake's brother), Caulder Cooper (Will's brother), Eddie (Lake's BFF), Gavin

I fell in love with Will on page one! He tries so hard to be a good man it really is impossible not to love him. Lake has it rough too and does so much growing up in the short time we are with them. In short this book was so good and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to read it. 4.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
Wow just wow!! This is the first Colleen Hoover book I have read and I'm now a fan for life. I don't think I have every had such a strong connection to the characters as I had with Layken and Will. Slammed was an amazing emotional read, I laughter and I cried through the entire book. ( )
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
  Kimmykay0302 | Apr 13, 2015 |
*4.5 stars*

This book was a hell of a roller coaster of emotions. A wild ride. It messed with my heart and feelings and left me sobbing and laughing uncontrollably. Slammed can make you smile widely one second and cry like a baby the other second. I loved the poetry in the book – it encouraged me to write my own poetry. (I’ve written one and a half poems until now!) I felt like the relationship between Layken and Will was too fast for me. There wasn’t really any chemistry at the beginning. However, this was a beautifully written book with amazing characters! Loved it! ( )
  fatimareadsbooks | Mar 10, 2015 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,249,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible