Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Slammed: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:read in 2012, Nook

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (62)  Italian (1)  All languages (63)
my favorite sentence in all this book was
"It's not a good idea" hahaa
how Will says it in the most appropriate time ! :D
and the last letter from their mother is so touch :)
  Soplada | Feb 27, 2014 |
I'm speechless.
And that was so amazing.

....the poetry, Will, Lake, the poetry, Eddie, the poetry, Will, Kel, Julia, Caulder, the cancerous lung costume....I thought I was going to bawl at the ending.

Damn.
Thank you so much for this ! Its too bad I can only give you 5 stars because this book was extraordinary.

I can't even a proper coherent review of it. I'll try later.
Right now, I can just bask. ( )
  ashpapoye | Jan 24, 2014 |
I laughed, I cried, I screamed, I yelled, I felt myriad of emotions from this book. I loved it. This is the kind of book I really love, it makes you really engross yourself into the story and doesn't let you go until the end, which can have you either laughing or sobbing(which is not always a bad thing).

I really appreciated the authors talent for weaving a story with such force of love and loss. The author handled the topic of death with feeling and humor. Oh yes humor, most of the book is filled humor, it's not all sad and dreary. The little kids were the most humorous of all.

I'm not able to review this book without giving too much away so I will wrap it up by saying that I really did love it. It was a wonderful story with some interesting characters.

Enjoy. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |

Enjoy. ( )
  chicreader | Jan 21, 2014 |
I LOVED this book more than I ever expected to when I started it. It totally draws you in and makes you feel what the characters are feeling. LOVE! ( )
  Amanda16948 | Dec 18, 2013 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,442,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible