Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Slammed: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (1)

Member:MsGemini
Title:Slammed: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:read in 2012, Nook

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (92)  Italian (1)  German (1)  English (94)
may be spoilers. OK book. This book came from a list of recommended New Adult books but I am not sure why it isn't YA since the narrator/main character is a high school senior. Lots of drama, almost all goodhearted.
  franoscar | Nov 23, 2016 |
"So you keep your ocean
I'll take the Lake"

I'm so glad I read Slammed. Truthfully before I read it, I really had no idea what it was about. Then once I realized it was about slam poetry I kind of gave it that confused dog look but proceeded anyway. This book.... Well, if you would have told me this was Colleen's first novel, I would have never believed you. It is absolutely amazing and definitely one of my favorite books that I have read by her (right behind Maybe Someday).

Full review and many other reviews at Southern Bred, Southern Read Blog ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
I laughed, I cried, I screamed, I yelled, I felt myriad of emotions from this book. I loved it. This is the kind of book I really love, it makes you really engross yourself into the story and doesn't let you go until the end, which can have you either laughing or sobbing(which is not always a bad thing).

I really appreciated the authors talent for weaving a story with such force of love and loss. The author handled the topic of death with feeling and humor. Oh yes humor, most of the book is filled humor, it's not all sad and dreary. The little kids were the most humorous of all.

I'm not able to review this book without giving too much away so I will wrap it up by saying that I really did love it. It was a wonderful story with some interesting characters.

Enjoy. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
Slammed by Colleen Hoover

This was my second Colleen Hoover after I got hooked with Finding Cinderella and this one is my favorite among her works. Colleen Hoover books made me love the New Adult genre, I was not a fan at first but when I tried it, I couldn’t help to read the other works of her. Slammed is about the story of Lake and Will, story of both of their families, how they handle the pressure, the lost, and how they get up. Some books are just made just to inspire you. That’s how I felt with Slammed. And Lake’s mother? Julia? Oh, I wish I had her as a mother too! I don’t mind two mothers.

“Never judge others. You both know good and well how unexpected events can change who a person is. Always keep that in mind. You never know what someone else is experiencing within their own life.” ( )
  Rafael_Ray | Aug 27, 2016 |
5 I absolutely Love Colleen Hoover Stars

Colleen Hoover knows how to write a star that reaches every emotion that you have built inside. I have never in my life read books that reach my heart the way that Colleen Hoover can. She is an amazing author who knows how to take a story and right it in a way that no matter how wrong it is it seems so right. Colleen Hoover herself deserves FIVE author stars for totally taking me for a spin that I have never been on before.

I got schooled this year
by
a
boy.

A boy that I'm seriously, deeply, madly, incredibly, and undeniably in love with.
And he taught me the most important thing of all...

To put the emphasis
On life

Oh my... I want to get slammed. My emotions are all over the place.I like that the relationship between Lake and Will is built on more than sex and I know that is what some people do not like in this book. I did not need it I had the emotions and feelings and I felt throughout the book. All I can say is Colleen Hoover I FUCKING Love You!
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

305 wanted5 pay4 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,725,444 books! | Top bar: Always visible