Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Slammed: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (1)

Title:Slammed: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:read in 2012, Nook

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (80)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (82)
Wow! Excellent book! A little different from my normal reads but that's a good thing. I definitely "got schooled" and loved it. My heart ached almost the entire time. There was this subtle tension that kept building from their attraction to each other which I liked better for them than all out graphic love scenes. (just this once!) It really fit the situation perfectly. Their stories were so compelling, I felt that Lake and Will met at the perfect time, they needed each other. I fell in love with all of the characters, even some of the secondary ones. Plus Chuck Norris jokes never get old in my opinion! On to book# 2... ( )
  GwendolynGrace | Jul 15, 2015 |
Boooooring . Cheap Hallmark melodrama .

I did liked the POETRY SLAM parts , thought it was very original for a YA book these days . ( )
  LaMala | Jul 8, 2015 |
colleen hoover is my fav author. despite a sea of amazing authors she has such a tantalizingly sweet way of sharing these stories of first love… that I feel like we fall in love along with them. ( )
  Alwaysmidnight | Jun 16, 2015 |
Colleen Hoover has just become one of my new favorite authors! I absolutely loved this book, and that's saying something because I don't tend to read contemporary fiction. I was drawn in from the beginning to this tragic, bitter-sweet story and I loved every single minute. This book is not focused on romance, it is focused on life and on events that occur to people out there. It made me think about my life, appreciate my life and what I have. Yes, there are heartbreaking moments in the book, but the misfortunes are not exaggerated, they are instead accepted and dealt with. I especially loved the solid relationships between the characters from Lake's maternal love of her brother, to her maturity towards her mother, the book just felt so real. This is not the last time I will talk about Colleen Hoover, I'm sure, I look forward to reading more of her books. AHHH I loved it!!!! ( )
  Ericanneri | May 21, 2015 |
Layken "Lake" Cohen
Will Cooper

Julia Cohen (mom), Kel Cohen (Lake's brother), Caulder Cooper (Will's brother), Eddie (Lake's BFF), Gavin

I fell in love with Will on page one! He tries so hard to be a good man it really is impossible not to love him. Lake has it rough too and does so much growing up in the short time we are with them. In short this book was so good and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to read it. 4.5 Stars ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

54 wanted5 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,883,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible