Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover

Slammed: A Novel (edition 2012)

by Colleen Hoover

Series: Slammed (1)

Member:MsGemini
Title:Slammed: A Novel
Authors:Colleen Hoover
Info:Atria Books (2012), Edition: Original, Paperback, 352 pages
Tags:read in 2012, Nook

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

English (86)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (88)
I laughed, I cried, I screamed, I yelled, I felt myriad of emotions from this book. I loved it. This is the kind of book I really love, it makes you really engross yourself into the story and doesn't let you go until the end, which can have you either laughing or sobbing(which is not always a bad thing).

I really appreciated the authors talent for weaving a story with such force of love and loss. The author handled the topic of death with feeling and humor. Oh yes humor, most of the book is filled humor, it's not all sad and dreary. The little kids were the most humorous of all.

I'm not able to review this book without giving too much away so I will wrap it up by saying that I really did love it. It was a wonderful story with some interesting characters.

Enjoy. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Apr 20, 2016 |
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreQuickie Review
I absolutely loved the story line of this book, even the parts that completely broke my heart.

Slammed has the whole forbidden love aspect. I also like how much Lake grows throughout this book. In the beginning she acts like most teenagers when they don't get their way or their feelings are hurt. But by the end, she has so much wisdom and learns to deal with life and the situations in her family better. I also love Will. He goes through so many things to try to keep his shit together, and it's definitely not easy at times.

The whole aspect of slam poetry intrigued me. I've never really heard any, and it makes me want to find places local to me that feature it.

If you want love, humor, loss, and everything in between, this is a book you need to pick up! ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Beautiful and heartbreaking. ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
Amazing! Sad, sweet, romantic, frustrating...I was inspired to write poetry again after reading this...as soon as I finished reading the rest of the trilogy. I have found a new favorite author. ( )
  CassLee | Feb 16, 2016 |
It's 1:15am and I'm sobbing because I miss my mom and this book has feels and ugh COLLEEN HOOVER WHY

https://yerawizardrenae.wordpress.com/2016/01/30/book-review-slammed-by-colleen-hoover/ ( )
  RenaeMcBrian | Jan 31, 2016 |

Following the unexpected death of her father, eighteen-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and her younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope. One young man brings change to all of this. After moving across the country, Layken meets her attractive twenty-one-year-old neighbor who has an intriguing passion for slams. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope. Not long after a heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together and the forces that tear them apart.… (more)

309 wanted5 pay4 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,854,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible