False Memory by Dan Krokos

False Memory (edition 2012)

by Dan Krokos

Title:False Memory
Authors:Dan Krokos
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First Edition, Hardcover, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Abandoned
Tags:fiction, adventure, mystery, thriller, teen

False Memory by Dan Krokos

What a wild ride! From the very beginning you are thrust into Miranda's life without a clue as to what is going on. But even as parts of her memory returns and things get explained to her, more questions and twists arise.

False Memory is pact with action, suspense and mystery. Honestly, it has a little bit of everything. There is a not a slow moment in the book. Even the non-action scenes keep your mind reeling and the pages turning trying to figure out what is happening- what is the purpose behind Miranda's and her friends' upbringing.

There is a bit of love triangle, but surprisingly, I found it worked and enhanced more than hindered the plot. It wasn't your typical girl mooning over two (opposite) guys; instead, I found it added to the dynamics of Miranda's memory loss- her old self vs. her "new" self. As a added bonus, Miranda stays the strong heroine she needs to be and refuses to let a couple of boys and conflicting emotions engulf her every thought. The romance did not take over the story for which I am grateful, as the premise and execution of it makes for quite a thrill ride.

False Memory ends on a calm note, no cliffhanger, but with a premonition that things are not over for Miranda and her friends. And I, for one, am excited to see what happens next. ( )
  Kristymk18 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Not feeling this one right now. I won't call it an official DNF, yet, but it's officially put down for now.
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Miranda wakes up one day on a park bench with no memory of her getting there. She walks into a mall and releases a lot of energy that causes trouble. One of her friends named Peter helps her calm down and get back to safety, their home which is hidden in the woods so no one can find them. Peter and Miranda are instructed to find Noah and Olive who have gone off on a runaway to hide from their enemy. The four teenagers last name are the same as the compass rose directions. The teenagers must fight their clones that have been made by their enemy in different cities. The also need to find a guy named Rhys whom is to help them accomplish their mission.

I really enjoyed this book because of all of the action and suspense. I recommend it to those who like these teen books and like to read about how teen romance can be inflicted by just a little spark of intensive movement. I don't really know if there really is a possible way for anyone to lose their memory completely. I think it would be really cool if we had clones of ourselves. I think that someone could like this book as much as me. Its really cool the way the author describes the plot and people. It may sound like a psychotic book with mind reading and things like that but its more likely people losing their memory if they don't take this special medicine. ( )
  NagisaR.B3 | Dec 30, 2013 |
Very fast-paced, very interesting ethical dilemmas, twisty. Because of the nature of the characters, not so much "character development." ( )
  Brainannex | Oct 25, 2013 |
RATING: 3.5 stars.

At first I thought this one was pretty formulaic, but the author threw in some twists I wasn't expecting.

Confusing in places especially in the romance parts, but overall, a good read with action, a kick-ass heroine and a lot of sci-fi elements.

Curious about where the series is going.

Review to come (maybe). ( )
  slayra | Sep 21, 2013 |

Soon after seventeen-year-old Miranda awakens with no memory, she discovers that she can release a mysterious energy that incites pure terror in everyone around her except Peter, who tells her she is part of an elite force of genetically-altered teens.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,849,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible