The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles,…

The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan

Member:billsearth
Title:The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fantasy, children for, fiction, egypt

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

This was the last in the Kane Chronicle Trilogy and brought a happy conclusion to the efforts of Carter and Sadie Kane in their battle against the evil god Apophis. Seeing the interaction between this brother and sister was extremely entertaining. Maybe the author could return them to us in the future. ( )
  cyderry | Aug 13, 2015 |
I am sad :(.. Why? Because it's over...

There's so much I can say about this book, but I'm only going to say a little. Why? Because a little is more..

The ending was done well. So well, it threw me. (I can't you tell why, that'll give it away). It had a twist that will leave you feeling sad, but understanding at the same time. My heart feels are exploding with awwwwwwssss!!! Cater gets Zia and Sadie gets Walt/Anubis.

It was a perfect why to end the series. I don't feel like there should be more, I don't feel like it was unfinished, I feel, warm, complete and excited to read the crossovers. (I love crossovers, TV, Movies, anime, all of it!)

Again I highly recommend this series, I was hook from the first chapter of [b:The Red Pyramid|7090447|The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)|Rick Riordan|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1366227978s/7090447.jpg|7346572]. But like I sad in my other reviews, this, in my opinion, is a darker series then Mr. Riordan's others. Death is promenaded and there is a scene in this book that will have you feeling twisted and shocked. I like that darker aspect; it gives the series a more real feeling to push away the magical.

Happy Reading.

Happy Winter (It's like minus stupid here. Yuck!)

Emily-Ann
  E.A.Walsh | Jun 11, 2015 |
Spoilers!!!This is my favorite book in The Kane Chronicles. I love Carter a lot in this book! He seems to acted more confidence, and everyone looks to him as the leader, kind of like Percy in The Last Olympian. CARTER AND ZIA ARE FINALLY A COUPLE!!!! You guys don't know how happy this makes me!

I love Sadie and the whole Walt/Anubis thing! Now you know why I like this love triangle: first, I love Walt and Anubis; second,Walt and Anubis don't fist over Sadie, or anything like that. They join bodies so Walt is able to live, and Anubis can have a mortal form and Sadie doesn't get to choose. Everybody wins!

And Bes is back! Yay!

And the book made references to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and Dr Who, and even though I don't watch Dr Who, I thought the references were funny.

The book kind of ended like how The Last Olympians ended with the Second Great Prophesy, which makes me think will Rick Riordan write a spin-off series like he did with PJO? I sure hope so. ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
This was a really good series! Easy to read and fast moving, it was also interesting and Riordan has a way of really making you care about the characters. That said; I liked Carter a whole lot more than Sadie - who got on my nerves a whole lot.

I must say I'm very excited by the hints at the end that there might be some sort of meeting between the Egyptian gods and the PJO-verse I would be so up for that! ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
Great book! I love the creative use of Egyptian mythology in the storyline. I like that the characters are written as adolescents who are just starting to explore crushes on the opposite sex, too many books rush into sexual behavior without spending time describing the development of a relationship. The rediscovery of an old love between two gods is a new addition for the older reader. Mr. Riordan stresses the importance of family ties throughout the books in this series as the main characters battle evil while dealing with ancient gods who wish to share their bodies. ( )
  AmberEgan | Aug 12, 2014 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To three great editors who shaped my writing career: Kate Miciak, Jennifer Besser, and Stephanie Lurie---- the magicians who have brought my words to life.
Sadie Kane here.

Despite their best efforts, Carter and Sade Kane can't seem to keep Apophis, the chaos snake, down. Their only hope: find an ancient spell that might turn the serpent's own shadow into a weapon.

435 wanted6 pay10 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,031,414 books! | Top bar: Always visible