The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles,…

The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan

Member:billsearth
Title:The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fantasy, children for, fiction, egypt

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

Great book! I love the creative use of Egyptian mythology in the storyline. I like that the characters are written as adolescents who are just starting to explore crushes on the opposite sex, too many books rush into sexual behavior without spending time describing the development of a relationship. The rediscovery of an old love between two gods is a new addition for the older reader. Mr. Riordan stresses the importance of family ties throughout the books in this series as the main characters battle evil while dealing with ancient gods who wish to share their bodies. ( )
  AmberEgan | Aug 12, 2014 |
WHAT? THIS IS ONLY A TRILOGY? I definitely want more of Sadie and Carter Kane. ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |
Satisfying conclusion to a very good trilogy. This one has plenty of action, but also develops further some of the underlying concepts of Egyptian mythology, in ways that are understandable to modern readers but still seem true to the original stories. (This is in stark contrast to other books I've read, where the authors just appropriate the gods' names but take nothing else.) The characters also continue to be strong, quirky, and funny, particularly Sadie (who reminds me of some of the Empress-of-the-World types I've run into at preschool, just older). I hope there are more Kane family tales in the pipeline -- and I plan to check out Riordan's Sadie/Annabeth/Carter/Percy crossovers as soon as they're at the library. ( )
  bostonian71 | Jul 18, 2014 |
Loved this third book in the series! I listened to this on tape and really enjoyed the action-packed adventure with Sadie and Carter Kane and meeting all of the amazing characters they encounter! It was nice to see how both of the Kanes handled all of the many challenges and became better individuals in the process. I will definitely be reading more of Mr. Riordan's books! ( )
  SuzReads | Apr 24, 2014 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To three great editors who shaped my writing career: Kate Miciak, Jennifer Besser, and Stephanie Lurie---- the magicians who have brought my words to life.
Sadie Kane here.

Despite their best efforts, Carter and Sade Kane can't seem to keep Apophis, the chaos snake, down. Their only hope: find an ancient spell that might turn the serpent's own shadow into a weapon.

496 wanted5 pay10 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,125,175 books! | Top bar: Always visible