The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles,…

The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3) (edition 2012)

by Rick Riordan

Member:billsearth
Title:The Serpent's Shadow (The Kane Chronicles, Book 3)
Authors:Rick Riordan
Info:Hyperion Book CH (2012), Edition: First, Hardcover, 416 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fantasy, children for, fiction, egypt

The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan

Satisfying conclusion to a very good trilogy. This one has plenty of action, but also develops further some of the underlying concepts of Egyptian mythology, in ways that are understandable to modern readers but still seem true to the original stories. (This is in stark contrast to other books I've read, where the authors just appropriate the gods' names but take nothing else.) The characters also continue to be strong, quirky, and funny, particularly Sadie (who reminds me of some of the Empress-of-the-World types I've run into at preschool, just older). I hope there are more Kane family tales in the pipeline -- and I plan to check out Riordan's Sadie/Annabeth/Carter/Percy crossovers as soon as they're at the library. ( )
  bostonian71 | Jul 18, 2014 |
Loved this third book in the series! I listened to this on tape and really enjoyed the action-packed adventure with Sadie and Carter Kane and meeting all of the amazing characters they encounter! It was nice to see how both of the Kanes handled all of the many challenges and became better individuals in the process. I will definitely be reading more of Mr. Riordan's books! ( )
  SuzReads | Apr 24, 2014 |
OMG! These kids are so amazing. I can't wait for the next book... there has to be another one! The whole Walt/Annubis and ZIa/Ra twist is pretty cool too. ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Feb 25, 2014 |
Janie and Cal must find the serpents shawdow in order to save the world from ultimate destruction. When Chaos is happening everywhere Janie and Cal travel into the vortex to find the serpents shadow. It is so deep no mortal can live from going that deep. While thier dad fights to keep a enemy down. That enemy could be the key to survival or defeat. But with their dad not being able to help them, they must figure out how to do the impossible by them selves. In order to save the world
I think the book was really good. It kept me on my toes the whole book. Every page was a new twist with unexpected events. i had no doubt this book was going to be excellent. Because the author (Rick Riordan) has wrote one of my other favorite series. I hope this book becomes one of the top sellers. i will reccomend this book if you liked the Percy Jackson Series. ( )
  JustinK.B3 | Dec 10, 2013 |
The book The Serpent's Shadow is an excellent book and is a wonderful sequel from the second book(The Throne of Fire). The book still stays in its familiar form with Sadie taking the narration of one chapter and Carter taking the narration for the next. The book starts off with a dramatic start when the 51st Nome gets blown up by the minions of Chaos. The wizards Sadie and Carter Kane tried their best but everyone inside died. To spread salt on the wound, they get a messsage saying that in exactly three days time Apophis the snake will come to attack and destroy the world. If you have read the first and second book you know that the end of the world is pretty common in Sadie and Carter's life. They took that pretty lightly and they went to their school dance. Their Sadie meets her boyfriend Anubis and he informs her of a sheut. A sheut is basically like a backup of someone like a backup hard drive is to a computer and Bes (remember him from the 2nd book?) is revived. Then they must work with the traitor Setne which his only goal is to get revenge and if possible kill Sadie and Carter. They need the crazy Russian magician Setne though because only he knows how to find Apophis. At the end Carter learns that Zia was the host of Ra the whole time and they have a huge fight. At the end all I am saying is that Apophis regurgitates more than his breakfast and you have to read the book to find out if all ends well. This book great and I have recently purchased the book because I love the series so much. This book is excellent and taught me about the Egyptian gods in a fun and interesting manner. This book is a 5 out of 5!
  TomasJefferson | Nov 7, 2013 |

Riordan, Rickprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Free, Kevin R.Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kellgren, KatherineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To three great editors who shaped my writing career: Kate Miciak, Jennifer Besser, and Stephanie Lurie---- the magicians who have brought my words to life.
Sadie Kane here.

Despite their best efforts, Carter and Sade Kane can't seem to keep Apophis, the chaos snake, down. Their only hope: find an ancient spell that might turn the serpent's own shadow into a weapon.

496 wanted5 pay10 pay

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,608,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible