Dear Mr. Blueberry (Aladdin Picture Books)…

Dear Mr. Blueberry (Aladdin Picture Books)

by Simon James

I thought that this was a very cute book for young children. I loved that it was written in the form of letters. I thought that this was a good touch to a children's book because it is not everyday where I see a book primarily in letters. I loved reading the little girls questions and seeing the response of the adult telling her that there is no possibly way that a whale was in the pond. ( )
  taylorwells | Apr 28, 2015 |
I had mixed feelings about this book. I loved the format of the book. The whole thing was written in letter format to Mr. Blueberry. For example, the little girl would write a letter to Mr. Blueberry and he would respond back in a letter. This is a great way to teach students how to properly write a letter the components of a letter. I also liked how the book gave information on whales in a subtle manner. Children don't even realize they are gaining new knowledge about whales. For example, Mr. Blueberry informs the girl that whales can only live in salt water. I did not like how the book abruptly ended. One night the whale was just gone and then the girl saw the whale at the beach at that was it. The book didn't seem to have closure or explain if the girl was just imaging the whale. Due to this abrupt ending it made me unsure of the main message of the book. Overall, I would say the main message is to show that children have great imaginations and you can believe anything if you really want to. ( )
  bmalon6 | Feb 8, 2015 |

This is a great story about friendship and that even if someone else can't see something, that doesn't mean it is not real. I think that this is a good story for children who have good imaginations. They are able to see that even though someone may discourage you from believing in something you should never give in. You should believe what you believe no matter what. Overall, I thought that this was a very cute story that everyone should read. ( )
  sreinh2 | Nov 24, 2014 |
Cute story, it could be difficult to read for a child because of the font. ( )
  ME862 | Nov 13, 2014 |
This books is a really cute book about a little girl, named Emily, who believes she found a whale in her pond. She writes to her teacher, Mr. Blueberry, for more information on whales. This book contains a good deal of general information on whales and is just a really cute read. ( )
  mfink1 | Sep 6, 2012 |

"Dear Mr. Blueberry, I love whales very much and I think I saw one in my pond today. Please send me some information on whales." It's vacation time, so Emily has to write to her teacher to help when she discovers a blue whale living in her pond. Mr. Blueberry answers that she must be mistaken, because whales live in the ocean, not in ponds.

Throughout the summer, Emily and Mr. Blueberry exchange letters, until Emily has a happy surprise to share with her teacher. In the process, Emily learns a lot about whales. And Mr. Blueberry leans even more about imagination, faith, and love.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:45 -0400)

A young girl and her teacher correspond about the whale she has discovered in her pond.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,725,896 books! | Top bar: Always visible