Dragon's Winter by Elizabeth A. Lynn

Dragon's Winter (1998)

by Elizabeth A. Lynn

Series: Karadur Atani (1)

275441,194 (3.48)1 / 8

I enjoyed this story immensely and quickly found myself caught up in the lives of not only one individual, but all of the characters and the history of their world. I actually found myself desperate to want to feel the history of the place I was traveling to through the pages.

While I love Fantasy stories, I am not typically a fan of shape-changing dragons, but I found this one to be attention getting and easy to manage. I didn't see a dragon changing to a man, I saw a man hurt by his past, angered because of betrayals, and wanting a love that might not be. The love story in itself was very unique and pulled at my heart, but be aware it's not your typical story of kings and future queens.

The king isn't the only story we follow in this book, his isn't the only love shared with the readers, nor the only heartbreak. The story of the shape-changing wolf and his family is also a page turner, filled with joys and sorrows of its own. To be honest, I think readers will find it difficult to locate a part of the book that won't touch them in some way. ( )
  mirrani | Sep 13, 2012 |
Just when I thought I'd burnt out on fantasy-fantasy again, this came along and reminded me why I do enjoy the genre when it's done right. Fantastic! ( )
  AlexDraven | Dec 22, 2009 |
Very nicely written and spare venture into high fantasy. The last chapter felt, however, like the first chapter of another book. ( )
  cshalizi | Oct 24, 2007 |
An interesting fantasy story with complicated and complex characters, not all of whom are either good or bad but both. Shapechangers and magic, dragonfolk and revenge. A good read. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Sep 25, 2005 |

Elizabeth A. Lynnprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sullivan, JonCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The woman in the bed was very weak.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0441006116, Mass Market Paperback)

Karadur and Tenjiro are twin sons of Kojiro Antani, the dragon lord of Ippa. But only Karadur, whose name means "fire-bringer," bears the blood of the dragon in his veins. His younger brother, Tenjiro or "Heaven's hope," was second out of the womb and is the weakest and smallest of the two. As the twins grow to maturity, Karadur is anxious to attain the promise of his blood and transform into the dragon he is capable of becoming. But Tenjiro, who bears the scars of Karadur's claws, resents his older brother and, on the eve of Karadur's transformation, steals the talisman that makes the change possible. That same night he disappears, fleeing to a distant, icy realm where he will reemerge as a powerful wizard bent on destroying his older brother. But Karadur, lord of Dragon Keep, is prepared to go to war against Tenjiro, and it's likely only one will survive. --Craig Engler

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:30 -0400)

A conflict between twin princes in a fantasy land, one born with shapeshifting powers, the other without them. Jealousy drives the second to steal the talisman which gives the first one his power.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,483,111 books! | Top bar: Always visible