Borrowed Heart: Book One of the Evie Sanders…

Borrowed Heart: Book One of the Evie Sanders Series (edition 2011)

by Linda Lamberson

Info:
Collections:Urban Fantasy/Paranormal
Rating:***

Borrowed Heart: Book One of the Evie Sanders Series by Linda Lamberson

I received this book for free on Goodreads First Reads Giveaways. It was signed by the author. I really liked the premise and enjoyed the story. I would categorize this as YA Romance.

Evie is a great character. I think she has a lot of room to grow as the series progresses. She took chances and stood by her choices.

I liked Quinn at first, but found him a little too manipulative and selfish at several points and this lessened my sympathy for him. I hope he grows too as the series progresses.

I would love to know more about the Shepherds and those above them. Really great "what if" question to answer about after-life possibilities.

A positive comment aside from the story: for an indie, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this book looked. The cover art is really great and the typography is attractive and smart. I like how the cover title typography is mirrored on the chapter headings. And I love that the text was full justified. YES! So many of the small press/indie books left align the text and it looks terrible.

NOTE: the cover of my book looks like the cover for the ebook--blue/purple with white typography, not like the image that's attributed to the physical book. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that version, I just don't know what it looks like in person.

I look forward to reading more from Linda Lamberson. ( )
  leesalogic | Nov 7, 2012 |

Evie Sanders is pretty good at heeding that gnawing feeling that she gets when trouble rears its head--or at least she used to be. Things change when she meets Quinn Harrison one morning after class. Evie would never do anything intentionally to hurt her long-distance boyfriend or jeopardize their relationship, but she finds it increasingly difficult to resist Quinn. Just when things can't seem to get any more complicated, Evie is involved in a fatal car accident. Yet, her death marks a new beginning--and her new existence as an immortal. It's not long before Evie and Quinn's paths cross again, and she finds herself trying to walk a fine line between bending the rules she must now obey and breaking them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:02:35 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,410,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible