Cow Crimes and the Mustang Menace by Sharon…

Cow Crimes and the Mustang Menace

by Sharon Dunn

252428,870 (5)None

Ruby Taylor is at it again. In her third book, as she and Wesley are trying to figure out their relationship, Ruby stumbles across a string of robberies targeting her work. This leads to her finding out a town's shady history involving a murder. Amid a missing bull and a county fair involving potato recipes, Ruby tries to find out who is committing all the robberies and how it somehow connect to that story from yesteryear. Her attempts at sleuthing lead to comical and scary situations.

This was such a great book. I like Ruby more and more with each book in the series. I liked her friendship with Starlight and I was glad that Ruby kept trying to point out to Wes that he needed to stop suspecting them just because they were new in town. The whole scentless hairspray made me curious as well as to how it works. I don't want to spoil the ending but the reasons for all the "activities" happening in the area had a sad story behind it. You almost feel sorry for the perpetrators. It's intersting to think how much a father's acknowledgment means to someone.

I am glad that Ruby had realistic reactions to the way Wesley reacted in the beginning of the story. He doesn't tell her where he's gone so of course she's worried and angry when she does find him. I also want to know if they ever have a talk about the letter that Ruby found. If Wesley feels that he has to be a perfect Christian, this might hinder their relationship. I was also glad that Ruby found the Proverbs 31 woman slightly frustrating as well. As good of a role model as that passage is, sometimes I think some Christian women strive too much to attain that status. While Ruby's faith is tested many times, she doesn't lose it instead it helps her to grow. I hoping there's another Ruby Taylor mystery in the future. ( )
  mrsjason | Sep 22, 2011 |
This is the first book I have read by author Sharon Dunn and I must say that I really really enjoyed it. Here I met spunky Ruby Taylor, a young woman who is a mix of a child and a woman.
We find there has been a series of strange ranch thefts happening in her area and Ruby, more by circumstances than choice, becomes involved in the investigation. Will this complicate her emotional development with deputy Wesley? He is also desperately trying to uncover who is behind these thefts, or will it pull them further apart. We are also introduced to some characters that allow Sharon. Dunn to expand on Ruby's wealth of off-beat humor and outlook on life. Her mom who is desperately trying to get Ruby to learn how to cook and do things around the house. A savory Sheriff who has a past that influences his present and a man whose ancestry background has become the focal point of hatred and revenge.
The book is funny, full of Christian principals and mystery, what more could a reader want?
I Definitely want to read more from Sharon.

Thanks to Kregel Publishing for sending me this book to review. ( )
  EdnaT | Oct 28, 2010 |

This award-winning series continues with a mystery of Ruby Taylor proportions—complete with thieving ranchers, tangled romance, and the redheaded heroine who just doesn't know when to quit. Guaranteed fiction!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:17 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,418,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible