Communing with Music by Matthew Cantello

Communing with Music

by Matthew Cantello

6None1,268,033NoneNone
Recently added bySEDH, kirsenem, jrigzintute, axarca, cwrn1a
B-11 (1) delicious (1) import (1) SnP (1) SORT (1) spirituality (1) want (1)

No reviews

Through the ages, music has proven to be one of the few common links that connects humanity despite language barriers or cultural influences. The purpose of music could then be considered a medium of communication that has evolved into an art form where individuals outwardly express an inner rhythm by means of everything from a solo chant to a symphonic orchestra or choir.

From a listener’s standpoint though, without a trained ear, the pleasure attained from music is based solely on personal preference and taste in terms what sounds "good" or feels gratifying and stirs the soul. Author Matthew Cantello believes the inherent value of music offers an even greater benefit to the listener – the power to heal and transform your life.

To enhance the listener’s relationship with music, rather than focusing on composition and performance, COMMUNING WITH MUSIC teaches the listener how to experience music with a new focus and intensity. Through various contemplative techniques such as meditation, visualization, and expressive movement, readers discover how to consciously bring about healing, serenity, vitality and spiritual awakening through the exquisite energy within music.

As the author writes: "One of the most significant insights gained in the course of my explorations was the vital role of receptivity. Eventually, it dawned on me that what I was essentially attempting to do was "commune" with the power and beauty of musical sound, as one might commune with a loved one, or the wonders of the natural world. Yet in time I also became aware that I was ultimately communing with much more than "music" per say. I began to see how uniting with the energy of music was essentially a vehicle for connecting with the spirit of the universe itself; a portal through which I could uncover my true nature."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:19 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,812,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible