Trusting God: A Girlfriends in God Faith…

Trusting God: A Girlfriends in God Faith Adventure

by Sharon Jaynes

711,138,814 (3)None

I read Trusting God, in exchange for an honest review from Blogging for Books. The book was written by Sharon Jaynes, Gwen Smith, and Mary Southerland. The book is a Girlfriends In God, faith Adventure. The book was published by Waterbrook Multnomah Publishing Group. (Multnomah Books).

I chose this book because I need to trust God more. In church today, we had a speaker on ADHD. He also came to our Sunday School class on ADHD too to answer questions. My question was on patience. How do I have more patience to deal with my kids? I thought it would be an easy answer, but he got religious. He said I need to trust God more. Read the bible more. Increase my faith. Instead of thinking my kids are the problem, I need to work on my spiritual life. His words touched me deep. I do have a weak spiritual life. He also gave me practical suggestions. Take time for self. Get a babysitter sometimes.

The book talked about putting your trust in God versus people. People will let you down and it is not always intentional. People are human, flawed, and they make mistakes. People can cause frustration, disappointment, and hurt. People need to learn to put their trust in God. God does not fail. You may not understand his methods, but God is 100% trustworthy.

The book starts out with a definition of trust and the goodness of God. God does not change. God love does not waver. God is the same, yesterday, today, and for the future. We should learn to trust God in the good times and bad times. It is easy to trust God when things are going good, but you still have to trust him when things are falling apart.

I read Week 1 a few weeks ago. It was an amazing story about a grandma and her granddaughter. Her son showed granny a trick, which caused Granny to be concerned. The granddaughter did not care because she felt safe in her daddy's arms. She knew her daddy would catch her when she fell. The grandma wanted to have that kind of trust in God--unconditional trust. Knowing that no matter what she going through, God will always catch her when she falls. Having no fear, just complete trust.

The book is a devotional. Each week provides a story and ends in a prayer. Each story shows an example of how people put their faith and trust in God. I definitely will continue to read this book all year. This was a good read.
  staciewyatt | Jan 20, 2013 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,367,839 books! | Top bar: Always visible