Rebel Heart (Dust lands) by Moira Young

Rebel Heart (Dust lands) (edition 2012)

by Moira Young

Member:angeter1
Title:Rebel Heart (Dust lands)
Authors:Moira Young
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:***1/2

Rebel Heart by Moira Young

Great book. Can't wait for the next one! ( )
  ddbrown201 | Jan 23, 2016 |
Finally a cover with a guy and not a girl; I love the cover! The story continues in the same style with bad grammar, lack of punctuation, and lack of quotation. I really enjoy the world building in these books and feel like the writing style lets you feel how uneducated people are in this dystopian world. The Wrecker wasteland, windstorms, and struggling people all make for a well created world. Overall, I felt this story was a little weaker then Blood Red Road, as if it is suffering from middle book syndrome. I found the idea of fate putting Saba on a route she is meant to follow a little hard to believe. Yet, there were some interesting new events with Lugh, Tommo, Saba, and Demalo that are meant to build up to a big conclusion. I liked the new characters that were introduced as part of the resistance. It was a decent read and I will be picking up the last book when it comes out. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
SPOILERS* SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS*SPOILERS* The book was good but umm.

first part of the story Saba is going through some serous post traumatic stress as is her rescued brother Lugh. Lugh displays his PTSD as anger. Saba is seeing dead people, not sleeping, sleepwalking, and blacking out. So they come upon a settlement on their journey out to the big water. Emmi convinces them to stop to get help for Saba. a medicine woman/shaman/star reader girl is there who helps Saba. Saba leaves to find Jack when Maev comes to the camp with awful news. Saba leaves before she is finished being healed. so i am like okay wait. you are seeing dead people and all out of sorts but you are gonna go tearing off to help Jack before you are completely recovered. really??? smh. you are going to try and leave your family and friends behind, yeah really. so i am not liking Saba so far but i excuse it cuz of the PTSD.

she is set (obsessed) on finding Jack just like she was set on finding Lugh in the first book. Saba is almost back to her bad ass self but not quite. She is not as strong; she's still broken, confused. then she doubts Jack. so you go all this way not doubting and you are smart enough to figure out Jack's message BUT you can't figure out that Jack needed to shut Emmi up before she talked and revealed that he was not really Tonton and that the rest of you guys might be nearby??? REALLY???!! ok. her brain is not working right, PTSD. i get that but then you sleep with DEMALO?? ok. you and Demalo have some weird Pyschic connection; mad at Jack =want to hurt him, and a little drunk. i get it but your first time?? REALLY???!!!

then you go back and help the rebels and have a chance to kill Demalo and you don't. umm i might excuse it cuz of the heartstone. then you lie to Tommo. then just like that you are not mad at jack and believe and lay with him as well. SIGH. I. AM. DONE. i feel like Tommo at the end of the book. oh Saba. Oh Moria. ( )
  kdf_333 | Jan 16, 2016 |
For my sisters
It's late afternoon.

After rescuing her twin brother from the Tonton, Saba experiences disturbing telepathic visions while being hunted by a cunning enemy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,816,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible