Rebel Heart (Dust lands) by Moira Young

Rebel Heart (Dust lands) (edition 2012)

by Moira Young

Member:BookLizard
Title:Rebel Heart (Dust lands)
Authors:Moira Young
Info:Margaret K. McElderry Books (2012), Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:young adult fiction, dystopias, heartstone

Rebel Heart by Moira Young

Scorching Hot!!- 4.5 stars...

And I'm not referring to just the dust lands! : ) DeMalo, DeMalo, DeMalo -he is one delicious bad boy! He's a little twisted in the mind though. : ( He's also in love with Saba, well his version of love. Then we have Jack- Jack's one of the good guys. He brings out the best in everyone & he's the love of Saba's life. He's also in love with her too. Then we have Tommo who actually makes the 4th wheel on this ride. He's in love with Saba too though, or thinks he is, and wants her to see him as a man. He's only fifteen so I don't necessarily count him, but love is a powerful emotion and possible weapon so we can't underestimate him or rule him out just yet.

If I'm going to endure a love triangle though then this is how I like them to be- edgy, strong chemistry, hot characters and we have the good vs. bad boy thing going. Plus the triangle actually plays into the plot but it doesn't overshadow it. It's not just some sappy, back & forth brooding, irrelevant side show-like the last triangle I endured in the Taken trilogy. Ughh!

This second book was a very strong follow-up to the first. If I had to choose which one I liked the best, it would be a really hard choice to make. This one ended with a bang too so make sure you already have the third book on hand because you'll definitely want more when you finish this one. I'm so glad I did! I'm reading the final book now and I'm still thinking back to that final scene and wondering when it's going to pop-up. I know it's going to come back to bite somehow, it's just a matter of when.

EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
OK so Andrew and I were absolutely hooked on this book! Honestly, the first one, in this series was good but there really was very little in terms of intensity and some of the deaths seemed forced and an afterthought honestly. The writing however made the first one a 4 star read, otherwise a 3 star it would have received.

This second installment however was a kick into overdrive. The writing continues on a high note but the character development, and WTF moments rocked this read for me! I am still in recovery mode and anxiously awaiting the continuation (which is only a few hours away).

Definitely not a book to spoil with too much detail so I will just leave with this...if you have even considered reading this, do yourself a favor and start it NOW. The best part is that the entire trilogy is out! For me, this is a saving grace...I cannot imagine had I had to wait months for the continuation.

" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
Great book. Can't wait for the next one! ( )
  ddbrown201 | Jan 23, 2016 |
Seccond in series "Dustlands". ( )
  lillibrary | Jan 23, 2016 |
Finally a cover with a guy and not a girl; I love the cover! The story continues in the same style with bad grammar, lack of punctuation, and lack of quotation. I really enjoy the world building in these books and feel like the writing style lets you feel how uneducated people are in this dystopian world. The Wrecker wasteland, windstorms, and struggling people all make for a well created world. Overall, I felt this story was a little weaker then Blood Red Road, as if it is suffering from middle book syndrome. I found the idea of fate putting Saba on a route she is meant to follow a little hard to believe. Yet, there were some interesting new events with Lugh, Tommo, Saba, and Demalo that are meant to build up to a big conclusion. I liked the new characters that were introduced as part of the resistance. It was a decent read and I will be picking up the last book when it comes out. ( )
  clockwork_serenity | Jan 23, 2016 |
For my sisters
It's late afternoon.

After rescuing her twin brother from the Tonton, Saba experiences disturbing telepathic visions while being hunted by a cunning enemy.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,213,286 books! | Top bar: Always visible