Flowers In The Attic by V. C. Andrews

Flowers In The Attic

by V. C. Andrews

Series: Dollanganger Series (1)

The Girl In The Lighthouse by Roxane Tepfer Sanford (LauraT81)
    LauraT81: If you enjoy V.C. Andrews then you'll love The Girl In The Lighthouse.

English (110)  Spanish (2)  Swedish (1)  All languages (113)
The Dollanganger series: damaging teenage girls since 1980. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
I remember reading this book as a pre-teen, and I remember thinking that it was disappointing.

But I also remember that it was very popular, and I thought perhaps something wax over my head.

No... no, I understood it all too well. The writing is horrible. ( )
  killerX | Jan 8, 2016 |
I read this haunting book when I was a kid... such a long time ago. I still remember it. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
While exceptionally disturbing, this is a must read story for those open enough to controversial subjects. There will be no Mother of Grandmother of the year awards for the characters in this book, although they may qualify for villain of the year! This tale is very well written and will tug at your emotions. It's impossible to read without having strong feelings about the plot and situations encountered in the attic! ( )
  bearlyr | Oct 13, 2015 |

V. C. Andrewsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
van Loon, ParmaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
(Part One) Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou?

Isaiah 45:9
This book is dedicated to my mother.
It is so appropriate to color hope yellow, like that sun we seldom saw. (Prologue)
Truly, when I was very young, way back in the Fifties, I believed all of life would be like one long and perfect summer day. (Chapter 1)
DO NOT COMBINE WITH BOXED SETS OR MULTIPLE-NOVELS

Way upstairs there are four secrets hidden. Blond, beautiful, innocent little secrets, struggling to stay alive. Flowers In the Attic The four Dollanganger children had such perfect lives -- a beautiful mother, a doting father, a lovely home. Then Daddy was killed in a car accident, and Momma could no longer support the family. So she began writing letters to her parents, her millionaire parents, whom the children had never heard of before. Momma tells the children all about their rich grandparents, and how Chris and Cathy and the twins will live like princes and princesses in their grandparents' fancy mansion. The children are only too delighted by the prospect. But there are a few things that Momma hasn't told them. She hasn't told them that their grandmother considers them "devil's spawn" who should never have been born. She hasn't told them that she has to hide them from their grandfather if she wants to inherit his fortune. She hasn't told them that they are to be locked away in an abandoned wing of the house with only the dark, airless attic to play in. But, Momma promises, it's only for a few days.... Then the days stretch into months, and the months into years. Desperately isolated, terrified of their grandmother, and increasingly convinced that their mother no longer cares about them, Chris and Cathy become all things to the twins and to each other. They cling to their love as their only hope, their only strength -- a love that is almost stronger than death.
"My lover is hot!"
Now hold on. You mean he is
her brother? Oh, ick.

(Carnophile)

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671729411, Mass Market Paperback)

This is the Extroardinary Novel That Has Captured Millions in Its Spell!

All across America and around the world, millions of readers have been captivated by this strange, dark, terriifying tale of passion and peril in the lives of four innoocent children, locked away from the world by a selfish mother.

Flowers in the Attic is the novel that launched the extraordinary career of V.C. Andrews®, winning her an immediate and fiercely devoted worldwide following; today there are more than 85 million copies of her books in print.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:54 -0400)

Horror. 1st in trilogy.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,178,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible