My Book about Me by Me, Myself by Dr. Seuss

My Book about Me by Me, Myself (1969)

by Dr. Seuss

Other authors: Roy McKie (Illustrator)

419None25,268 (3.96)2

This is an activity book. The reader is encourage to fill in the pages with information about himself (or herself), from "I am ____ feet, ____ inches tall." to "There are ____ forks in my house.", plus things to draw, and two lined pages on which to write a story. Very fun book. It's still in print (of course, since it's a Dr. Seuss book), so you can still get a nice, fresh copy of your own to deface (can you tell I don't like writing in books?). Recommended for young children.
  Sopoforic | Mar 20, 2014 |
NO OF PAGES: 65 SUB CAT I: Children's Resources SUB CAT II: Hebrew SUB CAT III: DESCRIPTION: A Children's Dr. Seuss book entirely in Hebrew, (no English translation)NOTES: SUBTITLE: (Entirely in Hebrew)
  BeitHallel | Mar 23, 2011 |
This book is primarily appealing because it lets kids record data about themselves. It has regular data (eye color) and random data (steps to the mailbox. My copy has a little bit about my brother and a little bit about me, but neither of us did a proper job filling it out. This makes a great basis for student about me projects, and kids can always use it for inspiration. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Feb 11, 2007 |

Seuss, Dr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKie, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0394800931, Hardcover)

One of the titles for the younger crowd in the Beginners Books series, My Book About Me has an unusual interactive twist--you make it up as you go along. On each page there's something new to complete, from "I weigh ___ pounds" to "My teeth. I counted them. I have ___ up top. I have ___ downstairs." It's a simple idea, but with a surprising amount of educational value--getting children to name their home country, to recognize and draw in the color of their own eyes, learn their telephone number and address, to name favorite clothes, foods, and colors, and more. Finally, there's a two-page spread where each owner of the book can write his or her own story. Illustrator Roy McKie's style is halfway between the P.D. Eastman of Are You My Mother and the mainstream Seuss of Cat in the Hat and Thidwick: The Big-Hearted Moose. (Ages 4 to 8) --Richard Farr

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:32:38 -0400)

A series of questions for the reader to answer about him/herself: "I have [teeth] up top. I have [teeth] downstairs."

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,411,715 books! | Top bar: Always visible