dismiss

Rage of Lions

by Curtis Jobling

Series: Wereworld (2)

When Lady Gretchen is abducted by the werelion Prince Lucas, Drew and his friends embark on a perilous chase to stop the prince from fleeing with her, but as they encounter terrifying new werelords, Drew must summon all his courage and strength to defeat the creatures.

I absolutely loved the first book in Curtis Jobling’s Wereworld series so I was really excited to start reading this second book. It opens with an all action prologue and you straight away get the feel that this is going to be one hell of a read.

The book continues with Drew trying to come to terms with his role and what it means for him. Between training to help him develop his skills and meetings with the Wolf’s Council his life is certainly very different now. When Gretchen is kidnapped he is told that he must not go after her, but of course he ignores these orders and goes off in pursuit of her and her kidnappers. Whilst he is on his quest his friends are not quiet either, Hector in particular gets a great story.

I continue to love so many of the characters that feature in these books, I was so pleased to see Count Vega back in action – he’s a real favourite of mine. I also love Whitley, she’s so brave and resourceful – I don’t think I could do half the things she does even in the most dire of situations!

This book absolutely whips through, I only put it down long enough to make a cup of tea! The blend of politics and action makes it a captivating read, the addition of some lovely quieter character moments is just the icing on the cake. I feel like I’m really getting to know the characters well which means I’m really invested in what happens to them and the people that mean a lot to them.

I love the way the book keeps you on your toes, there are a couple of pretty major plot points later in the book that made my jaw drop open. I have absolutely no idea how the author is going to carry on from one of them in particular, but I can’t wait to read the third book and find out. This series of books is now a real favourite of mine, I really can’t recommend them enough. ( )
  juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |

juniperjungle | Apr 16, 2013 |
Tradução de Werewold: A Rage of Lions
  ericoassis | Sep 23, 2012 |
In this second installment of the Wereworld series, young Wolflord Drew goes on a mission to capture his angry half-brother, the Werelion Lucas. Meanwhile, civil war is brewing in Lyssia. I was really impressed with the world-building of the first book of this series, Rise of the Wolf, so I eagerly rushed to get the second book as soon as it was published. Rage of Lions was action-packed, while thickening the plot by introducing moral dilemmas--the consequences of bad choices with good intentions. I think this book didn't quite hold par with the first one, but it was certainly enough to keep me eager for the third installment, Shadow of the Hawk, which is coming soon. I was a little disappointed with the cliff-hanger ending. I understand that Jobling can't tie up all his loose ends, but certainly he could have made it a little more satisfying. ( )
  The_Hibernator | Jun 17, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

Is contained in

Contains

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,089,564 books! | Top bar: Always visible