Dark Space: the Clutches of the Vlathachna…

Dark Space: the Clutches of the Vlathachna

by Monte Cook

Series: Space Master

Brady is an angry, sexually repressed recruit with a shit life. The darkest space in the book is in his head.
Cam is always eager for cock ... even of the intergalactic kind.
Toss in an alien who can only "connect" through an exchange of fluids.

You've got a very entertaining story.

Sex scenes out of this world = check
Incredible world building = check
Engaging story telling (even for a non-sci fi lover) = check

However it fell apart in the last 20% or so (pretty much as soon as the alien entered the pages and, personally I felt, Kai-Ren should have remained more of a mystery. So many books and movies that build up this lurking mysterious fear between the lines, blow it by showing the alien/monster.) There were some D/s overtones Master/pet, Officer/recruit that provided nice dynamics but again, were played up too much when the alien got in the mix - for an advanced race, maybe Kai-Ren should have thought more with the head on his shoulders?

Despite my niggles, I have to say that out of all of Henry's works, her fanfiction is my favorite, but this is a close second. Speaking of which, for my Sterek buds, if you like this "in each other's heads/ need to touch each other concept", here are a couple Stereks that fit the bill: [b:In Case The Daylight Never Comes|20958452|In Case The Daylight Never Comes|plume_bob|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1411644445s/20958452.jpg|40333606]
(Not so) Pure Imagination

MrsKnightley | Oct 16, 2017 |
Not bad, but after that beginning I had higher expectations. Besides, I like how she writes but sometimes I skipped back-story and some very repetitive statements. ( )
  aka_no_joou | May 19, 2015 |
For whatever reason, I'm still not a big fan of M/M romance sci-fi. But this one really did it for me and didn't muck my brain up too badly with freakishly spelled "alien" words to throw me out of the story. The MCs were hot, even if MC Garrett was a bit on the young side, and angst was very genuine and actually teetered on too much, hence the 4 stars instead of 5, and the sex was mindbogglingly hot. I enjoyed the story line and the HEA was very satisfying.

Fans of M/M romance, angst and sci-fi, this one is definitely for you! Highly recommended! ( )
  gigi9988776 | Aug 25, 2014 |
I think if I read 55% of a book and I don't even slightly like it, it's safe to say DNF. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,758,761 books! | Top bar: Always visible