Buiten is het maandag by J. Bernlef

Buiten is het maandag

by J. Bernlef

Dutch (3)  English (1)  All (4)
Taken home with me from the table at the BC-meeting in Castricum.

Like with a number of other books written by Bernlef, I was also deeply impressed by this book. I read it in one day. Pooh!

There is not much going on in this book and yet an awful lot is happening. In terms of real events, it is a boring book, but what is really told(in my very humble opinion)is one of the many stories about love, aging, loss, fidelity, infidelity, passion.
The content of the book has already been written above, so I won't repeat that here.

Even if I would, I couldn't, because apart from the actual story of Stijn going to Canada to find his son, there's that other part of the story that has touched me deeply, but for which I can find no words.

This book is very sober in language, yet so to the point as Bernlef was in the books I read from him. Too bad he died earlier this year. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |
Buiten is het maandag.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,405,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible