My Way of Life by Saint Thomas Aquinas

My Way of Life (1952)

by Saint Thomas Aquinas

I have used Farrell and Healy's book to teach Missionaries of Charity in North Africa, College students and church groups in South America and high school students in Florida. It is my go-to reference for simplified, pastoral but profound Thomistic Theology.
  vcapuano | Sep 30, 2014 |
The Summa simplified for everyone.

Saint Thomas Aquinas’s Summa Theologica is one of the most influential and significant works in the history of the world, but because of its’ breadth and scope it is generally considered to be almost inaccessible to most readers. Until now.

In My Way of Life Fathers Walter Farrell and Martin J. Healy champion a brilliant summation of the Thomistic doctrines that offers the reader an encounter with wisdom and the use of that wisdom in understanding and knowing our Lord and Redeemer Jesus Christ.

My Way of Life presents small, concise portions of the Summa in a manageable format. This work will allow the reader to consider some of the highest thoughts of one of history’s greatest minds and apply them to the modern world, including:

• The Oneness of God
• The nature of Angels (p. 63)
• The hierarchy of angels, demons, and humans (p. 121)
• Man’s disposition to pursue happiness
• The Divine Life in man
• The Incarnation Jesus and its ramifications (p. 443)
• The Last Things (Death, Judgment, Heaven, and Hell)

With My Way of Life the timelessness of the Summa is now accessible to all. In a world that seems to simultaneously advance in some areas and regress in others, the Summa Theologica powerfully reminds the reader that by definition, the true, and the good, and the beautiful never change.
  MiaSquires | Jun 18, 2014 |
INDEX; OUTLINE
  saintmarysaccden | Jan 3, 2014 |

Aquinas, Saint Thomasprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Farrell, Waltersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Healy, Martin J.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,735,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible