Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and…

Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and Reflections (2006)

by Paulo Coelho

614None15,850 (3.76)1

This one was one of the more boring books Mr. Coelho has written IMO, but I guess it truly is in the eye of the beholder. Not among my faves. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Inspirational. This book set me back to the right path. The lessons I learned and re-learned through Paulo Coelho is really life changing. I really feel emotional not to the point of tears though especially when he shared the story about reaching one's dreams. I'm a bum right now eagerly waiting for the time to go to Law school and sometimes when I feel like I'm being left behind by my prior classmates who are now seeking for their careers, I just remember the story about the mountain thinking that all this waiting is just part of the game, part of my dream. ( )
  av0415 | Jan 10, 2012 |
This is a great book of meditations large and small in the form of stories and true vignettes from the life of the author. I recommend keeping it on your nightstand and reading just one or two stories before you go to bed--you'll sleep well. If you are familiar with Coelho's works, you'll recognize the "warrior of the light" and the reference to "personal legends" (see The Alchemist). The collection is a testament to Coelho's expansive horizon (see The Valkyries: An Encounter with Angels) and will likely inject you with little doses of inspiration for your personal legend. ( )
  rebcamuse | Jun 5, 2011 |
Short stories/collection/anthology or whatever it is called by Paulo Coelho - I'm really excited now :D
  thereshegoes | Aug 23, 2010 |
recuento de historias vividas y algunos fragmentos de escritos de otros libros, algunas remembranzas enviadas por sus lectores. Son de esas historias con las cuales trata de hacer conciencia y darnos a saber que si estamos equivocados aun podemos rectificar nuestro error. ( )
  mesalina | Nov 5, 2009 |

In this collection of thoughts and stories, Paulo Coelho offers his personal reflections on a range of subjects from archery and music to elegance, travelling and the nature of good and evil. 'Like the Flowing River' also includes jewel-like fables, packed with meaning and retold in Coelho's inimitable style.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,416,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible