Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and…

Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and Reflections (2006)

by Paulo Coelho

Recently added byprivate library, Nefesy, krishnamoorthy.b, srkal, MiccaES, galvare4

This one was one of the more boring books Mr. Coelho has written IMO, but I guess it truly is in the eye of the beholder. Not among my faves. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Inspirational. This book set me back to the right path. The lessons I learned and re-learned through Paulo Coelho is really life changing. I really feel emotional not to the point of tears though especially when he shared the story about reaching one's dreams. I'm a bum right now eagerly waiting for the time to go to Law school and sometimes when I feel like I'm being left behind by my prior classmates who are now seeking for their careers, I just remember the story about the mountain thinking that all this waiting is just part of the game, part of my dream. ( )
  av0415 | Jan 10, 2012 |
This is a great book of meditations large and small in the form of stories and true vignettes from the life of the author. I recommend keeping it on your nightstand and reading just one or two stories before you go to bed--you'll sleep well. If you are familiar with Coelho's works, you'll recognize the "warrior of the light" and the reference to "personal legends" (see The Alchemist). The collection is a testament to Coelho's expansive horizon (see The Valkyries: An Encounter with Angels) and will likely inject you with little doses of inspiration for your personal legend. ( )
  rebcamuse | Jun 5, 2011 |
Short stories/collection/anthology or whatever it is called by Paulo Coelho - I'm really excited now :D
  thereshegoes | Aug 23, 2010 |
recuento de historias vividas y algunos fragmentos de escritos de otros libros, algunas remembranzas enviadas por sus lectores. Son de esas historias con las cuales trata de hacer conciencia y darnos a saber que si estamos equivocados aun podemos rectificar nuestro error. ( )
  mesalina | Nov 5, 2009 |

Paulo Coelhoprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Janssen, PietTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zijn als de rivier die stil stroomt door de nacht.
Niet vrezen het duister van die nacht.
Als er sterren aan de hemel staan, ze weerspiegelen.
En als de hemel betrekt met wolken,
zoals de rivier zijn de wolken water;
ze ook weerspiegelen,
in je kalme diepten.

Manoel Bandeira

In this collection of thoughts and stories, Paulo Coelho offers his personal reflections on a range of subjects from archery and music to elegance, travelling and the nature of good and evil. 'Like the Flowing River' also includes jewel-like fables, packed with meaning and retold in Coelho's inimitable style.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,950,547 books! | Top bar: Always visible