HomeGroupsTalkZeitgeist
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and…
Loading...

Like the Flowing River: Thoughts and Reflections (2006)

by Paulo Coelho

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
635915,256 (3.75)1
None

None.

Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 1 mention

Showing 1-5 of 8 (next | show all)
Este libro de ser como el Rio que fluye es toda una recopilación de historias cortas realizadas por nuestro Coelho a lo largo de su trayectoria como escritor.

Las pequeñas historias aquí plasmadas son completamente interesantes que van desde relatos fantasiosos a relatos con personajes reales de la vida como líderes políticos o personajes filósofos y escritores igual.

Este libro como todos los que ha escrito Coelho, sin duda me ha encantado, puesto que las historias guardan una conexión con mi cerebro que siempre se siente a fin con las letras y las palabras y pensamientos que genera mi cerebro igual, cuando leo a Coelho es como si cada particular de mi mente y de mi cuerpo se siente en sintonía con lo que él escribe.

Recomiendo este libro a todos y en especial para los padres y madres que quieran obsequiar a los adolescentes un buen libro para encaminarlos en el mundo de la lectura. Bien cierto es que las reflexiones a las que nos llevan son íntimamente profundas, pero eso no descarta la capacidad de reflexionar de nuestros adolescentes.

5 hurras por la recopilación de historias. En lo particular hasta el momento uno de las que más me ha impactado, por su sencillez y por la belleza que resguarda es, “la nube y la duna”, en la página 233, “lo divertido en el hombre”, en la pág. 271, “las señales de Dios”, pág. 265. “El militar en el bosque”, pág. 251, (que refleja lo de personaje de la vida actual).

Ha sido sin duda para mí un grandioso libro de relatos cortos de las recopilaciones de muchos escritos de Coelho realizados por lo largo de los anos que ha dado una grandiosa impresión a mi repertorio de historias escritas por él.
Sin duda hay grandes historias inspiradoras en este libro que valen grandemente ser leídas. Yo os motivo a que así lo hagan y se deleiten de buenas historias que llenan nuestras almas de reflexiones amorosas y positivas, aunque hayan situaciones que no sean tan positivas, Coelho le buscara la parte positiva que tanto necesita nuestra alma y nuestra humanidad.
( )
  Pamelangeles | Jul 3, 2014 |
This one was one of the more boring books Mr. Coelho has written IMO, but I guess it truly is in the eye of the beholder. Not among my faves. ( )
  Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Inspirational. This book set me back to the right path. The lessons I learned and re-learned through Paulo Coelho is really life changing. I really feel emotional not to the point of tears though especially when he shared the story about reaching one's dreams. I'm a bum right now eagerly waiting for the time to go to Law school and sometimes when I feel like I'm being left behind by my prior classmates who are now seeking for their careers, I just remember the story about the mountain thinking that all this waiting is just part of the game, part of my dream. ( )
  av0415 | Jan 10, 2012 |
This is a great book of meditations large and small in the form of stories and true vignettes from the life of the author. I recommend keeping it on your nightstand and reading just one or two stories before you go to bed--you'll sleep well. If you are familiar with Coelho's works, you'll recognize the "warrior of the light" and the reference to "personal legends" (see The Alchemist). The collection is a testament to Coelho's expansive horizon (see The Valkyries: An Encounter with Angels) and will likely inject you with little doses of inspiration for your personal legend. ( )
  rebcamuse | Jun 5, 2011 |
Short stories/collection/anthology or whatever it is called by Paulo Coelho - I'm really excited now :D
  thereshegoes | Aug 23, 2010 |
Showing 1-5 of 8 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Series (with order)
Canonical title
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
Original title
Information from the French Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
Alternative titles
Original publication date
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
Quotations
Last words
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Publisher series
Original language

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English

None

Book description
Haiku summary

No descriptions found.

In this collection of thoughts and stories, Paulo Coelho offers his personal reflections on a range of subjects from archery and music to elegance, travelling and the nature of good and evil. 'Like the Flowing River' also includes jewel-like fables, packed with meaning and retold in Coelho's inimitable style.… (more)

» see all 4 descriptions

Quick Links

Swap Ebooks Audio
7 avail.
56 wanted
5 pay1 pay

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.75)
0.5 1
1 3
1.5 2
2 9
2.5 1
3 33
3.5 2
4 42
4.5 4
5 36

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,329,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible