A Hilltop in Tuscany by Stephanie Grace…

A Hilltop in Tuscany

by Stephanie Grace Whitson

This book is a sequel to [book: A Garden in Paris] and it could be read without the prequel, but I do not suggest it because you would miss a lot of character growth from the first book. I must admit that I really enjoyed the first novel better, but I did enjoy this one greatly as well. Here you have some characters that you have grown to love struggling through life's problems and learning how things will not always turn out how you once thought, but they will turn out fine if you leave God in charge. ( )
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
  cherryblossommj | Dec 14, 2009 |
Plot Summary: What happens, When & Where, Central Characters, Major Conflicts
Liz Davis has enough on her plate. She is planning her wedding to dream fiance Jeffrey, overseeing the family business in Omaha, and trying to keep track of her mother in Paris. So when said mother has an accident, her wedding plans self-destruct, she starts having problems with Jeffrey, and a long-time family secret is uncovered it is almost more than she can take. Fortunately she has some good people and the Lord to help her.

Style Characterisics: Pacing, clarity, structure, narrative devices, etc.
I loved the characters of Liz and her mother, they seemed very real. The author did a great job of portraying Liz's journey, she seemed so normal in her reactions to the Christians around her. Her lifestyle choices weren't shied away from, but weren't graphically portrayed either. The colorful characaters of her mom's boyfriends were fun, maybe not realistic, but fun. The guys in this book all seem too good to be true! The twist with the family secret also added a nice bit of intrigue.

How Good is it?
I enjoyed it very much, experiencing a "non-christian" in a Christian novel seemed like a refreshing change of pace. ( )
  debs4jc | Oct 23, 2006 |

Liz Davis' life is going exactly as planned. But just as things seem to be perfect, her whole world comes crashing down. Can she find her hilltop in this valley? The sequel to the bestselling A Garden in Paris.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:30 -0400)

"Liz Davis' life is going exactly as planned. But just as things seem to be perfect, her whole world comes crashing down. Can she find her hilltop in this valley? The sequel to 'A Garden in Paris'"--Provided by publisher.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,598 books! | Top bar: Always visible